Salmon And Tialor Broken Bay

Guest DV8

Went out last night to get some bait for a Jew session and Rip Bridge.

Salmon and Tailor everywhere around Little box head. Really just wanted a few tailor for bait and a couple to eat. Got so sick of salmon. Its hard work pulling in salmon after salmon. Every time I hooked up i was thinking I hope this is not another one.

It is always hard leaving good fishing behind to go and sit on a cold alluminium seat waiting for that Jew that may not come. There was not another boat in sight and there were different schools everywhere. Thats what i like about fishing mid week. I rarely go out on weekends. I barely had to move. I began by chasing the schools but sooner or later i realised that if I just waited a couple of minutes the schools would pretty much come to me.

The Jew session was a failure though. The battery for my sounder was flat and I couldn't find the holes that I wanted to fish, so i called it a night at about 10 oclock.

Cheers

Davo

Bad luck with the zilch jewie, but at least you got some sort of fishing action.

You guys who can go out during the week are VERY lucky !!!!

BTW - are you conscious of making too much noise on your tinnie, whilst fishing for jews? I would have thought that the tinnie noise may spook them off, especially on a quiet night - this is coming from a bloke who has never targeted jews before.

Bad luck with the zilch jewie, but at least you got some sort of fishing action.

You guys who can go out during the week are VERY lucky !!!!

BTW - are you conscious of making too much noise on your tinnie, whilst fishing for jews? I would have thought that the tinnie noise may spook them off, especially on a quiet night - this is coming from a bloke who has never targeted jews before.

Yeah

being a reddie fisherman I am very conscious of noise. Therefore I have built a wooden floor covered with carpet, and carpeted the seats. I also lower the anchor very gently.

davo

Covanova,

I have has succes with the salmon using small metal slices or small white sluggo's which resemble small white bait.

Hope this helps.

Covanova,

I have has succes with the salmon using small metal slices or small white sluggo's which resemble small white bait.

Hope this helps.

The salmon were gorging on small whitebait as they were coughing up heaps on the floor of my boat. I was using a fairly large metal lure till a tailor bit through the mono leader. I searched through the tackle box to find a small wonder wobbler which worked just as well.

I often hear and read about timid tailor and timid salmon though I have never encountered them. I am sure it will frustrate the hell out of me when I do. I am intersted to hear if the fish have beenthere again thios week. Such a shame to have had it on my own and not had anyone to compare notes with.

Cheers

Davo

Hey DV8 keep some of those salmon for livies...

cheers

inhlanzi

people do talk about using sambos for livies but i don't imagine catching anything big enough to take a whole salmon. Even greg Joyes laughed at me when I mentioned it and he catches some serious fish. i can just imagine the livie peeling of line before it even got near the bottom.

Would love to hear from anyone who uses live salmon though. i can only imagine whatthey would catch.

Davo