Why You'll Sell Your Hornet Etc Etc Soon

bombora

Just in the mood to stir the possum, so please don't be ofended if you own one of these boats........ :)

I reckon the next big thing in lures/SPs/light tackle sportfishing will mean getting rid of your Hornet/lowsided/punt/semi-punt/flatwater boat :P:P:P .

Why? I reckon light tackle inshore luring, especially involving SPs, will take off.

Many People are sorta just discovering how a small jig (either plastic or other style of tail) can be devastating when used over inshore reefs, bombies, washes etc etc.

Look at the fun some are having discovering just how horny snapper get for a plastic. Add bream (generally way way bigger on average than stillwater bream), kings, big trevs, pike :blink: surface fishies etc etc etc and you have a whole bundle of fun.

Only problem is everyone's bream boats are not much fun in anything more than those all too rare dead flat now wind days.

Anyone seen a well priced Haines 445F for sale.

Bombie

Bommie, the marina we have our boat at has an old 445f as one of their workboats, such a shame! Its very rough, but everytime I walk past it, I think of all the potential it has. As for your predictions, I reckon you could be right, I've done a bit of plastic fishing into bommies and washes and scored a heap of rat kingies so it has potential.

Hiya iceman, really keen to hear how you go there. Be surprised if you don't do good. Heard a yarn from the northern beaches of coupla guys who couldn't turn a real a few weeks ago on a local reef while anchored and burleying for reds. They turned to SPs, "staircased" them up the trail and scored a haldf dozen snapper to 2kilos. Better than nuthin!

Hiya Bash; a 445F as a battered work boat? The shame The shame. Like using a sportscar as a ute. Cheers Bombie