Stessco 4.2 Skipper

caine

Hey mate,

Ive got a 4.2m stacer seahorse.

Once I got it, me and a mate modified it a bit (still a work in progress). We made a front casting deck with storage space, and a large anchor well. The back of the boat when completed will be another deck with fully plumbed live bait tank. Just need to get the tank made up and im set.

Heres some photos for you!

post-63-1162018414_thumb.jpg

post-63-1162018564_thumb.jpg

post-63-1162018642_thumb.jpg

G'day mate, that looks really great, you've done a great job.

A question for ya. By the looks of the pic your front storage section is in the front seat, which, should be full of flotation foam.

If I'm correct, were you concerned about removing the flotation to create your storage area??

The only reason I ask is that I was considering doing the same thing only in my back seat.

Cheers

David.

Hey mottyman,

My storage section was built behind the front seat, so the front section and floatation foam is still in tact. :thumbup:

I didnt really want to remove any of the foam, as I figure it was put their for a reason :wacko:

Ive heard 1 cubic metre of foam can hold up to 1 tonne in the case of the boat sinking. Just some food for thought :tease:

Anyway good luck mate

Cheers Shaun

Hey mottyman,

My storage section was built behind the front seat, so the front section and floatation foam is still in tact. :thumbup:

I didnt really want to remove any of the foam, as I figure it was put their for a reason :wacko:

Ive heard 1 cubic metre of foam can hold up to 1 tonne in the case of the boat sinking. Just some food for thought :tease:

Anyway good luck mate

Cheers Shaun

Ah yes, that sounds the way to go and why I asked the question. I wasn't too keen on taking ANY foam out either but I've heard of instances where it's been done so was keen to read how you did it.

Think I'll leave my floatation where it is as its definately there for a good reason!!!! :biggrin2:

Cheers