I Going To Treat Myself

LEELEE

Hi all.

I got a really good job today after being retrenched so i have decided to but myslef a new present.

I'm getting a Z6000gt Saltiga.

Now where is the best place to get one if anyone has either bought one or knows of someone that has, I would appreciate any help as the price differences can be unbeleivable.

P.S - After our talk last night Allen I will will be contacting you soon about the custom stick.

Cheers

lee

If you are going to get a saltiga in that size get the 6500 expedition model. It has a better gear ratio for that size reel and will have a better resale value if you change your mind. There are a few other differences that make it a worthwile purchase for the extra $100 or so it costs, not to mention line capacity.

Croz,

i really wanted the z6000gt due to the high gear ratio of 6.1 ( i think ).

EXP only has 4.3 ( i think ) and even though it has a big spool capacity when spooling with braid i can easily get 600 yards onto the gt. Plenty enough for me.

Cheers

Lee

gave them a call and they have the reel i want. I am also getting them to order in a 6500EXP to compare against.

I have to look at spool capacity as well so it depends on gear ratio v's spool capacity.

Its hard to do a deal with the tournament stuff from daiwa as they have a set price to sell it at and if he dealer sells it cheaper then what daiwa have advised, then the dealer can loose their tournament status and not be able to sell them any more.

Its hard to find a good price both here and overseas.

Cheers

Lee

The main reason I suggest the exp, is that at 4.3 it still retrieves about 1 metre of line per revoloution which is heaps to get a popper or lure working, the 6000 gt pulls in 1.3 (approx from mem) per rev. This is great, but wait till you try to shift a big fish in cover or from deep. There is gonna be a lot of rod work involved.

As for a deal on the price, good luck. Daiwa are very keen to keep comptition out of the tournament dealer market. Look for ways other than price to make a deal.....

I know it's not the done thing to suggest this, but you'll save a heap of money by purchasing from Japan.  :blink:

16005[/snapback]

And then have to worry about warranty returns if anything goes wrong! And possibly Daiwa Australia not covering for warranty in a worst case scenario. :04:

I'd rather not have that drama myself.

Well i have a z6000gt and will pick it up on monday.

Excellent reel and had a play with it today. I will be ordering the z6500 spare spool from os as its going to cost $400 for that spool here.

No way i'm paying that for a spool.

Cheers

Lee