Best Way To Remove Paint From Tinnie

caribet

I wouldnt sandblast it.

I repainted mine not long ago and i used BHW to get the paint off. I was told not to sandblast it as it can take some alloy off with it. Also was told not to use Paint striper from a mate of mine who is a painter.

So BHW it is.

Meth

The tinnie needs a new paint job. What do you think is the best way to get it off? I am thinking with paint stripper.....hopefully that won't react with the aluminium.

Reference to your other post on identification , I painted the Quinnie in the photo. Sanded down the existing paint with wet & dry sandpaper until it was smooth. Most of the existing paint remained.

Where there was bare metal , sprayed with an appropiate aluminium undercoat & then oversprayed with enamel paint.

Came up like new

Geoff

I wouldnt sandblast it.

I repainted mine not long ago and i used BHW to get the paint off. I was told not to sandblast it as it can take some alloy off with it. Also was told not to use Paint striper from a mate of mine who is a painter.

So BHW it is.

Meth

What is BHW?

I used the paint stripper in the aerosol can and most of the paint came off easily with no damage to the aluminium.

Make sure you etch prime it before painting to make the paint stick properly.

2 pack paint (polyurethane or epoxy) will last a lot longer than normal paint.

My Mate and I repainted his 11ft shovel nosed punt

we used paint stripper the one you paint on and let bubble the scrape off

then etchprimed it b4 painting came up awesome

So I think it would be safe to use paint stripper as it didnt do any damage as far

as we could see anyway

Coollamon