Paint Colour

kingpig

Guys

I have a white 2001 Stessl Mako Cuddy. Recently I took some of the paint off against a wharf in the Nepean River. I have tried four different paint colours and cannot match the original. I have rung Stessl and got nowhere. A spray painter told me there are at leats 150 shades of white.

Has anyone had this type of problem and if so how did you get the paint matched.

Cheers

Kingpig

If you can get a fair sized flake of your boat and take it to a Taubmans store they have a computer matching machine that will get it 99% right then you just get the paint mixed in what ever sort of paint you have on your boat I.E marine 2 pack or whatever

Coollamon

Guys

I have a white 2001 Stessl Mako Cuddy. Recently I took some of the paint off against a wharf in the Nepean River. I have tried four different paint colours and cannot match the original. I have rung Stessl and got nowhere. A spray painter told me there are at leats 150 shades of white.

Has anyone had this type of problem and if so how did you get the paint matched.

Cheers

Kingpig

Any competent spray painter will be able to match white for you, we learnt how to do it in first year T.A.F.E. All colours have many shades that is how they are made up, so don't be scared off by that comment.

You will get a better result if you can take the boat to them to match to. Computers at paint stores can not match to what the human eye perceives. There are to many varients when colour matching, only an experienced human will get it right.

It may cost a bit more but if you want a top job take it to a proffesional spraypainter.

Cheers.

Robbie.

Yes any competent spraypainter can match ur white,it is advisable to

buff ur boat 1st or buff around the area u want painted,buffing

should bring bak ur boats original unfaded and clean paint,

then get it matched,do not match to old paint as u will never get it

write.

:beersmile: penguin

Guest Big-Banana

This reminded me about some touchups I need to do on my boat so I rang my boat builder and my colour is 2 Pak Toyota OKA White! Wonder how I go about getting that!

This reminded me about some touchups I need to do on my boat so I rang my boat builder and my colour is 2 Pak Toyota OKA White! Wonder how I go about getting that!

Just Go to Girraween VG smash or it used to be called Harts can sell it more than likely in a Enamel or Acrylic

Mate i was a spray painter in my teenage years and am now a licensed painter although i havent sprayed a car in years.

Colour matching is the first thing we learn, the computer matches are crap, any 2 year painter can colour match and as suggested every colours has differents shades.

Go to a panel shop and they will match it for you, if not call your local tafe, they are always looking for odd jobs for their students

Hey Netic,

I did my apprenticeship to keep the parents happy, It was my first job in Australia.

The day I got my ticket I quit and swore I would never step inside a panel shop again. :074:

Robbie.

Good for u wat a sh#t and dirty trade,I had my own workshop for 10yrs,

and would still be there if Meriton hadnt bought us out demolished it

and built units on the site,they did me a big favour and I'll never set

foot in a smash shop again unless its as a custumer.

Matched and painted many boats over the years.

Good for u wat a sh#t and dirty trade,I had my own workshop for 10yrs,

and would still be there if Meriton hadnt bought us out demolished it

and built units on the site,they did me a big favour and I'll never set

foot in a smash shop again unless its as a custumer.

Matched and painted many boats over the years.

Mate same here, i got kick out of school at 15 and started at my cousins panel shop in penrith.

stayed four years and as soon as i had my ticket i was GONEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can remember the days when i used to wake up and cough the colour of the car i painted the day before.

Very unhealthy occupation, and before anyone says "dont you wear masks" wearing a mask in 35 degree heat is not comfortable.