Land Based Squid Fishing

JonnyD

Hi guys brand new to the site and I love it....sooo much information...infact too much information :wacko:

I was just wondering where I could catch a squid or two landbased eastern or southern sydney.....not for bait, but for eating, one of the best things in the ocean I reckon, bloody delicious. I have tried a couple of spots around port hacking with rock and weed beds but with no luck, I have pink and orange yozuri jigs and I know the technique, I guess I can assume A: Its too cold B: Wrong spot C: I suck !!!

any tips would be great, cheers

Guest IFishSick.

A place where my mates catch squid is from Wally's warf. This is right next to Lilli Pilli Baths. I've seen plenty just cruising around the warf (each time with no bloody lures). I have never caught any but have seen my mates sight cast and catch them. Cool stuff.

Ryan

A place where my mates catch squid is from Wally's warf. This is right next to Lilli Pilli Baths. I've seen plenty just cruising around the warf (each time with no bloody lures). I have never caught any but have seen my mates sight cast and catch them. Cool stuff.

Ryan

ahhh, yeah lilli pilli baths, thats where there is a huge sand spit yeah ? Just opposite the entry to south west arm, northern shore ?

Guest IFishSick.

Just off the warf there next to the netted pool.

The only way to get the good squid at night is with a float and a whole pilchard stuffed on the end of one of those pronged things. My dad has caught them on reefs with pilchards big enough to gaf.

Edited by IFishSick.

Just off the warf there next to the netted pool.

The only way to get the good squid at night is with a float and a whole pilchard stuffed on the end of one of those pronged things. My dad has caught them on reefs with pilchards big enough to gaf.

I haven't tried but i reckon around clovelly inn those sheltere/kelpy sort of bays. the truth is that squid can and will show uo anywhere. I agree. Squid are the best thing in the ocean to eat.

davo

I love eating them but I just can't bring myself to do it with the ones I catch! :biggrin2:

I'd rather catch a Jew with them & have lots of lush tucker! :thumbup: i gotta hide them from the :wife: though! :mad3:

Try around Bare Island at La Perouse. Anywhere in the lee of the wind is good.

Cheers,

Grantr.

I haven't tried but i reckon around clovelly inn those sheltere/kelpy sort of bays. the truth is that squid can and will show uo anywhere. I agree. Squid are the best thing in the ocean to eat.

yeah I tried gordon bay a few weeks ago and nothing... :(

Edited by Jonny D