Beaches!1st/2nd Nov

Trouble

Fished weds night and tonight for a total of two salmon, 1 solid run and i lost an absolute cracker of a bream right at my feet, the hook just popped out of its mouth,quite odd..

Wednesdayarvo/ night we got two decent salmon, my one actually gave me alot of curry which was a bit of fun and also had one very solid run on a big strip of mullet but it either spat the bait or the hooks pulled in a matter of seconds, i was left shattered an dad was whinging like a 5yr old to go home so we packed it..This arvo i decided to do a solo mission so i could spend at least 3-4 hrs down there, the water looked great and the wind was dieing slowly. well of course as soon i had everything rigged the wind picked up BIG time..Well i lasted about 1hr an half, got stung numerous times by blue bottles :ranting2: an yeah lost tht cracker bream right at my feet..Not to worry :05::1fishing1:

post-76-1162465725_thumb.jpg

top effort Trouble

Unlucky about the bream! Bream from the beach are definitely fighters and much bigger than the river ones.

Did you use salted mullet or just fresh strips?

The reason I ask is I want to try and make some salted bait and need a cheap fish to try it out with.

Cheers

top effort Trouble

Unlucky about the bream! Bream from the beach are definitely fighters and much bigger than the river ones.

The reason I ask is I want to try and make some salted bait and need a cheap fish to try it out with.

Cheers

If you are going to the trouble of salting fish, try slimeys, bonito and yellow tail. Then don't use it for bait!! EAT IT. It tastes great - just like anchovies. that is if you like anchovies!!

Davo

top effort Trouble

Cheers

yeah the bream in the suds defiently know how to put on a good show!! fresh mullet strips were used, usually like using slimey mackeral but had none, seems like the mullet did the trick though..

Thanks for the report and nice fish. Can i ask what beach you where at and what rig you used? and can i assume you used a different one for the salmon and the bream?

Thankyou

haha they are just your simple rigs, no idea wht they are calleed but yeah a running sinker to the swivel with 40cm of 12lb trace with 1/0 hook and jewie rig is the same but 40lb with snelled 8/0 hooks, hope this helps..fish with fresh baits and you cant go wrong at the beach i find :1fishing1:

Edited by Trouble

Iif your bait presentation is good and a jewie is hungry he isnt going to hesitate,seen plenty of jews caught on pillies :ranting2: but have never got one myself on them.. i allways use slabs or butterflied baits in the surf so i find having a two hook rig does the trick for me but have been bitten of a few times by large tailor which i believe would of been caught on ganged hooks,each to their own really..