Call Me An Idiot But .....

FletcherG1991

where is HC bay ? i have heard so much about it but i have got not a clue where it is :wacko: seeming nearly everyone is picking up bream and flatties there i figure i should head down with the SP

thanks guys,

FletcherG1991

Hey Fletch,

It's Hen and Chicken Bay on the Parramatta River. Surrounded by Five Dock, Cabarita, Abbotsford etc.

Cheers

David.

Hi Fletcher. It's in Abbotsford near Canada Bay on the Parra River.

Here's a Wikepedia link to google maps plus a few others..Just click on them

for a satellite/map view which shows the streets to go land based.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abbotsford,_New_South_Wales

Others may be more specific as to where to fish.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Pete

some time next week (when the weather inproves abit :mad3: ) just thought it might be worth a shot as there have been some good reports from there ..... is there anywhere inparticular to fish ? mainly bream and flatties (what else is there to get there) and are the fish ok to eat or is that water poluted ? (mainly release fish but might feel like some flatties)

some time next week (when the weather inproves abit :mad3: ) just thought it might be worth a shot as there have been some good reports from there ..... is there anywhere inparticular to fish ? mainly bream and flatties (what else is there to get there) and are the fish ok to eat or is that water poluted ? (mainly release fish but might feel like some flatties)

Mate, I wouldn't touch a fish out of there and I release everything, which is a shame cause there are some nice fish to be had.

Bream and flatties and the mainstay but you'll come across whiting, tailor as well as the odd jewey if your lucky.

JUST DON'T EAT THEM!!!!!!

Cheers

David.

Mate H&C is the in thing at the moment and for good reason, it produces good fish regularly, But IMO there are plenty of other LB spots around the Parra which have the potential to fish just as well if not better than H&C in certain conditions, Your best bet is to grab a UBD and Take a few gambles, This is half the fun of Land bassed luring for me, Find a new spot and figure out how to crack the code.

cheers,

Dan

Edited by OutdoorDan

thanks for the help guys ..... im kinda new to the whole LB thing so i got a fair bit to learn (alot different to boat fishing :wacko: ) ..... i was reading a few post's and people kept refering to "the spot that jewhunter made famous" ..... is it possibable if someone could shed some light on where it is ? and is there a SP that seems to be more popular there ? or just the good ol' BM/PM ?

The Whole Bay fishes well. Try anywhere around Canada bay, But it is fairly shallow so its worth a crack at a fuller tide,

Bass minnows are fantasic,

Alot of people including myself have used sandworms with good success, as well as Gulp minnows, 2-3in Gulp grubs, I have had alot of success with watermelon in particular.

Don't over look hard bodys as well, if the breeze picks up and it gets a bit hard to detct bites on the SPs, Try sx40s, smilin Jacks or any proven bream lure, some fantastic fish get pulled out of there on HBs, Ive caught quite a few bream from mid to high 30s and flattys up to 65cms and have a look at Little Flatty's 42cm Bream or Cristaliser's 80cm Flatty.

Good Luck

Dan

Hen and Chicken bay fishes well Ive never fished it land based but have quite a bit in my boat

I prefer to fish the flats on a largish high tide when the bream whiting and flatties move up to feed works best with a lttle bit of chop on the water the fish will be a bit less spooky

HBs suit this best as I like to cover a lot of water quickly searching for the patches of fish

Favorite lure is a SX48 as it is heavy enough to cast a fair distance Ill also use a bass minnow on a 1/16 jighead and work it like I would a HB

Its not a new area to fish guys I know have been fishing it since the early 90s when the favorite lure was an attack minnow

Edited by The Iceman

G'day Iceman,

I don't know if you remember, but we fished a social together in Hen and Chicken together a few months back, The flats were firing and with you armed with your gold sx48 and me with my sx40 in 309 we tallied around 20 odd Bream each with many around the 28-30cm mark, and accounted for some top whiting too.

Take care

Dan

Mate H&C is the in thing at the moment and for good reason, it produces good fish regularly, But IMO there are plenty of other LB spots around the Parra which have the potential to fish just as well if not better than H&C in certain conditions, Your best bet is to grab a UBD and Take a few gambles, This is half the fun of Land bassed luring for me, Find a new spot and figure out how to crack the code.

cheers,

Dan

Couldn't agree more Dan. Iron Cove, Putney, Silverwater are a few of the others. There are plenty of better spots. I fish H.C because I live 2 mins from there. If you don't live close then explore. It's all part of the fun & you you just might find a ripper of a spot. :biggrin2:

P.S Fletch. You asked for it so YOU"RE AN IDIOT! :tease:

Cheers,

Grant.

Hen and Chicken Bay is great i've had good success lately on using those kokoda prawns in the gold and pink for lizards. This is a bit off the topic guys just wanted to know if theres a truth to the rumour I think it was last weekends Sunday paper said a few Kings are being caught around Cockatoo Island?

Cheerz