Suitable Combo For Yft Etc?

Fisherman5

Hey Raiders,

My grandmother baught me a rod and reel combo the other day. The rod is a Markston Deep Reaper 15-24kg Fast Taper Game Rod without roller guiders or tip and the reels a sure Catch Deepwater OW 425 lever drag. I'm thinking of putting the reel on one of my bottom fishing rods and purchasing a tld 20 or 25 for the rod so I can take it out to Browns and the shelf. Do you reckon its the way to go or just leave the combo as it is. Any suggestions or info would be GREAT! :biggrin2:

Thanks

Mitch,

Guest Big-Banana

Not familiar with the gear you've got, but Ive got a few outfits I use for fin'. All are on short stroker 15 and 24kg Shimano Backbone Elite rods and a few different reels which can be used to target Marlin as well like an Okuma 50 and TLD 20/30/50. Seems the norm to use something substantial just in case something big jumps on.

Thanx mate, YEh that was the first time I've heard or seen the brand of the rod before aswell. All in all it doesn't look too bad, don't need a fully rollered rod to tangle with small beakies and Yft. The reel doesn't look to bad either the only problem it being a star drag and i'm afraid if I hook something in that category it will spin out. The tld 25 looks the go for me

Mitch,