Brisbane Water: Squid & Yakkas?

Mondo Rock

Now I know there are good yakkas to be had off Box Head, just out the mouth of Brisbane Waters, but on weekends like the one just passed where heading out to Box Head is a grotesque impossibility in a small boat does anyone know of any alternative locations inside BW?

What about squid - can you even catch squid inside Brisbane Waters?

On the weekend just passed I found good tailor just inside the mouth on the first corner, but couldn't raise any yakkas or squid. Flicked a few squid lures around near the entrance where the water seemed calm but no follows.

No luck on the jews with the tailor as bait by the way, but still good to be on the water.

Mondo if you know where the public wharf at Wagstaffe is you should be able to get both squid and live bait from there. Night time the wharf is full of squid on the run out tide also yakkas full tide you can catch Mullet

cheers

Thanks Crunch. Might try there one time when I'm up that way.

Bloo

Woy Woy occasionally pays dividends on the squid front late afternoon and into the nioght from the wharf, though not like it used to be.

Davo

Woy Woy occasionally pays dividends on the squid front late afternoon and into the nioght from the wharf, though not like it used to be.

Davo

Hi

I have caught a few squid off pretty beach wharf, just near Wagstaff you can see it on the map. There is also a creek drain runs into the bay between the boat ramp and the whaft at pretty beach got quite a few pody mullett there on occasion.

Cheers

Charlie is that the wharf where the tenis courts are, if it is last year was there for a week use to catch the mullet in the evening and leave underneat the wharf and pick up in the morning, also plenty of yabbies jeez never gave the squid a go!!

Cheers