Sydney Harbour 09/11

Brian

Well G'day again Raiders,

Had my last Sydney Harbour fish for probably 2 or 3 months. Heading back to the bush tomorrow. I'll drop in some impoundment reports as they come. Thanks to all for your condolences about Chappos "fish of a life time." As I expected pulled the boat out today at 3.30 and out came the sun :1badmood:

Put in this morning at a respectable 6.30am and off into the Harbour proper. Thank goodness the expected 3.5m swell didn't come through but the BLOODY WINDDDDD. Straight to S&P for some live bait but, very timid and fussy. Got about 5 yakkas and Chappo got a great garfish. We got 2 of them yesterday as well.

Over went a yakka and Chappo with his garrey. The Yakka swam for over 2 hours untouched and the garrey took off in about 10 minutes. The wind was a real problem and we ended up too close. Chappos run was straight into the rocks and gooooone. Not the same calibre as yesterday but, there's good kings about there. Berley hard and the get the yakkas and garfish going to get the kings about. Onto another great bream bite, so they are obviously resident fish and great fun on 2kg gear + 1 very presentable flattie. Also pulled up a cracker of a squid. He locked onto a live yakka and I jagged him on a blue/purple jig after he let go of the bait. :thumbup: Kingey bait!! By the time I rigged up for the squid to go over the tide had changed so we headed back to our spot from yesterday.

Got out of that blasted windddddd. Coffee and Tim Tam (Kantong, Liked your menu from last night), sit and wait wait wait. No hits on the yakkas or squid for a while :( and then off goes Chappos yakka and my squid at the same time. Too much confusion and a missed hook up on the squid. Chappo lands a big banjo shark :thumbdown: , bit of a watse of a yakka. I checked my squid to see it's got no head. Chucked it back very frustrated. 5 minutes ziiiinggggggg, hookup and we're off. Had the fish gods smiled on us again? We were pretty sure, as the run was almost identical to yesterday. Ahhhhhh, no gaff. We motored out and got clear of any structure. Chappo waved down a passing boat (thanks guys for helping out) and borrowed a gaff. After 15mins of solid going up came a a big shadow. :mad3: Eagle Ray about the size of a dinner table. Really thoguht we'd done a repeat. Busted him off and cleared the lines back for another go. No more hits and back to the ramp.

Here comes the sun. Hope all you blokes can get out into the action on the weekend. I know you've all been wanting a sunny weekend.

Tight Lines,

Brian & Chappo.

PS: Some photos of our bream.

Photos

Guys, good to hear that you were getting some good runs - even if you failed to convert these to kingies. A consistent bream bite is enviable o some fishermen - so make sure that you take advantage of it! :biggrin2: Hopefully next time, the hooks will stay connected to unseen monsters - and the gaff hook will not straighten... :biggrin2:

Flattieman.

Guest IFishSick.

Good stuff, pity the ray and the Banjo Shark couldn't have been a nice little Kingfish. Oh well.....maybe next time you come down.

Top Bream!! :1prop::1clap:

It was nice to bump into you guys out there. We were on our way back to Gladesville when you waved us down. After handing over the gaff, we were quite happy to settle back and watch the action. I think were were almost as dissapointed as you when the ray came up.

Cheers

Greg

It was nice to bump into you guys out there. We were on our way back to Gladesville when you waved us down. After handing over the gaff, we were quite happy to settle back and watch the action. I think were were almost as dissapointed as you when the ray came up.

Cheers

Greg

Hi Greg,

Thanks again. They're a great fight, not like a normal ray but, still a ray after all.

See you out there,

Brian.