Hawksbury 11/11/2006

Guest rzep

Headed of this morning a little late because my brother slept in. :1badmood:

Met up with Roy (Wastin Time) on the M4 and headed up to the Hawksbury and put in at the ramp near the freeway.

I was in my boat and Roy had his.

First up we headed out north of Lion Island to see if the salmon were out to play.

We saw no sign of them and as the swell was worrying Peita we headed back in near Hungry breach to have a fish there.

We caught a couple of small taylor,a rock cod all released and Roy caught a just legal flattie that he relaesed.

The kids were getting a little bored so we headed off to Gunya Beach so that the kids could have a swim and we cooked sausage sandwiches for lunch.

After this we headed back under the bridges and fished Bar Point and the Vines for sweet stuff all.

In the end we had no keepers but it was a good day on the water.

We tried a couple of new spots so all is good.

Back at the ramp everyone told the same story not much action out there at all.

Well its sunday arvo, a couple of :beersmile: under me & thought i better add something

I had a great day, i took my boat out for the first time on my own, had rzeps bro on board - left rzep & mrs rzep with the kids....lol & to boot had a ball.

I will say that if it wasnt for this site i wouldnt of met ppl like Paul & Peita!!!!

Hey thanks for lunch Peita, it was better than my vegimite & cheese sanga's....lol

Fished the Hawksbury friday 4:00pm - 9:30pm for 3 shovelnose, 2 eels & a 30-40cm toad fish

Fished Saturday 6:00pm - 3:00am for 1 shovelnose, 1 small ray and 1 eel.

Baits used - live nippers, live poddy mullet, & pillies.

Strong winds Friday till about 6:pm then came again in gust at 9:00pm - also big storm hit about 5pm at the mouth - got soaked, Saturday windy till about 10pm then died down.

Still good to be on the water

Fished the Hawksbury friday 4:00pm - 9:30pm for 3 shovelnose, 2 eels & a 30-40cm toad fish

Fished Saturday 6:00pm - 3:00am for 1 shovelnose, 1 small ray and 1 eel.

Baits used - live nippers, live poddy mullet, & pillies.

Strong winds Friday till about 6:pm then came again in gust at 9:00pm - also big storm hit about 5pm at the mouth - got soaked, Saturday windy till about 10pm then died down.

Still good to be on the water

We (2 of us) fished today at Boltons for entire day - 9am onwards, and didn't stop bringing them in and caught everything including a large blue groper. Some great table fish, snapper and bream. When we first went out there, there was approx 10 boats but all ended up leaving. Had squid, pillies and hawkesbury prawns. No good on anything other than the prawns, which we ended up running out of. Would have been interesting if we had live bait.

One of the best days I had outside Hawkesbury

Steve B

We (2 of us) fished today at Boltons for entire day - 9am onwards, and didn't stop bringing them in and caught everything including a large blue groper. Some great table fish, snapper and bream. When we first went out there, there was approx 10 boats but all ended up leaving. Had squid, pillies and hawkesbury prawns. No good on anything other than the prawns, which we ended up running out of. Would have been interesting if we had live bait.

One of the best days I had outside Hawkesbury

Steve B

I stayed inside around the bridges

When i arrived at the ramp on Saturday i had a chat to a guy who had just returned from boultons - cleaning a kingie, mowie, and snapper. - next time ill fish the morning and hit the reefs