Some Dum Questions For A New Engine

caine

when you buy a new engine. the manual expect you to flush the engine, but no device is included to conect to a hose, does this sound right??

also i was told once when you do flush your engine, and your almost done to disconnect the fuel line. so you burn up all the fuel in the engine.

is this a good idea?

when breaking in an engine, how important is it to vary speed and not to go flat chatt????

when you buy a new engine. the manual expect you to flush the engine, but no device is included to conect to a hose, does this sound right??

also i was told once when you do flush your engine, and your almost done to disconnect the fuel line. so you burn up all the fuel in the engine.

is this a good idea?

when breaking in an engine, how important is it to vary speed and not to go flat chatt????

For starters, whats the motor?

C.

Edited by chrisg

is this a good idea?

CaineS

Flushing device is not normally inc with a new motor. Unless you have a large tub , purchase a set of "Rabbit ears". These are available from any marine outlet , not expensive.

Connect to the hose & slide the R.E. over the water pick down near the prop.

Do not disconnect the fuel line. running the engin dry is not a good idea

New engines should be not be run over 4000rpm for the first 10 hours

Geoff

Buy a set of ear muffs that fit your water intake on your motor. If the motor is small enough u can buy a small water tank(some people use old wheelie bins).

For running in a motor, i would make it go on plane, and stop there.

If the motor is oil injected then i would strongly recommend you don't disconnect the fuel line, this can stuff up the ratio's..

If the motor you purchased is Carbied and not Fuel Injected

then the only time you would run dry is if you are are storing

boat for some time Eg. 4 weeks or more otherwise not required

. If motor is Fuel Injected then dont ever run dry.

And obviously Oil Injection is not Fuel Injection so dont make that mistake.

Ensure Rabbit ears u will need to get suit motor and make sure you keep

an eye on it and make sure it does not vibrate off while Idling and run motor hot.

With run In procedure, Generally you dont want to load motor for extended periods

Eg of what not to do . Have Motor trimmed right in with high revs loading motor. You can get on Plane

but dont hold on same rev range for extended periods use a high and low

revs while on plane changing every minute or so.

Thats my comment with some experience in all Different types of Motors.

Edited by offtap1