Yellow Fin Crazy....

Ka-Ching

Hi everyone,

This is my first post as only found the site on Saturday and thought after yesterdays session I should let you all know how I went after ready some great posts on Saturday night.

Day started very lazy on Sunday morning, having a coffee at the marina in Bay view at 7:30 waiting for the rest of my crew to turn up at the boat.

9am comes :mad3: and everyone is finally here and ready for a day onthe water.

The plan was to get some livies at West Head and head to the FAD off broken bay for some light takle action on the dollies (after reading of a rumour of dollies around the FADs) but of course the one thing I ask my brother to bring (light tackle) he turns up with 2 X 80W's and 4 X 50W's which turned the light tackle session into a winch session :1prop:

Anyway arrive at the Broken Bay FAD at about 11 and trolled livies, lures and everything under the sun without a sign of life.

Made the decision at about 12:30-1:00 to head to the shelf and pull some plastic. Heading south east to about long reef and hit the shelf at about 2:30. Cross the shelf and hit 200 fathoms and SCREEEEAAAAAMMMMMM Double hookup on the 50W's which were about 8 meters from the boat, landed one 6kg yellowfin and dropped the next :mad3: . Lures back out and 30 mins later Tripple hookup on 50's..... With four ppl on the boat made my life very difficult running the boat, clearing the lines, teasers etc but that just makes it all more fun.

Landed all three. 12Kg yellowfin.

Lures back out at about 3:30pm and working the same area that we have now pulled 4 yellowfin from and after 10 minutes see a free swimming beaky, think he had a full tummy as he only showed a little bit of interest and was happy just surfing down the waves.

4:30 and we get another tripple hookup and land all 3, again fin about 10Kg's.

Started the hump home at about 5:30 with high fives all round.

The secret of the day was small feathers with metal heads and once we got a strike I keeped trolling for about 2 minutes in which time close to everything in the water got nailed.

All fish were caught in water temp of 21.2, with the hotest I could find was 21.5. funny enough no birds at all and apart from schools of dolphins feeding it appeared to be very dead.

So in total 7 yellowfin in about 2.5 hours once we hit the shelf.

Will post photos of the fish in the next few days when my mate sends them on. Will also put up some photos of my 30ft blackwatch (named Ka-Ching)

Anyway thought I would chuck my two cents worth in..

Tight Lines...

Guest Big-Banana

Its funny that all the action has been late in the arvo 2pm plus. It was my first season fishing for them but I felt that it wasn't worth getting out there at sunrise as the big didn't occur till late.

Thanks guys,

going to head out again this weekend and have another session late in the arvo. I heard on the radio that alot of boats were just heading home when we got on the shelf.

It will be interesting to hear if any more reports filter through during the week.

Dan