Going To Airle Beach

caine

:1fishing1::1fishing1:

im off to airle beach in 2 weeks. for a mates wedding on one of the islands.

The boat trip to the island is $80 return each adult. ... but then , lucky for me the wife found a half cabin boat for $120 per day. so ill be driving ourselves to the wedding and trolling the whole way. :yahoo::yahoo:

have booked the boat for an extra 2 days :thumbup:

can anyone give me some advice on what (and how) to target this time of year. in a half cabin boat probably not to capable of to much speed.

i was thinking of just trolling some big tuna style lures and see what happens. but id love to get a mangrove jack and gt. but id dont care really i just want my arms streeeeeeeeeeeched.

:1fishing1::1fishing1:

i was thinking of just trolling some big tuna style lures and see what happens. but id love to get a mangrove jack and gt. but id dont care really i just want my arms streeeeeeeeeeeched.

Thats all you need to do up that way

spanish mackrel have sharp teeth so be careful - because im sure you will boat a few - and take a gaff or large net - you will need it

gday mate i was up there couple of months ago working and got some fishing in. i just trolled a gold popper around the edge of some of the islands, got some solid GT's. everyone up there was always saying to go gold. I also fished alot off the breakwall at the marina. if want some shore based get your self a cast net and go down to the boat ramp next to the boat yard plenty of garfish,head out to the brek wall. I cought plenty of good mackeral and at night time heaps of sharks. mate your lucky to get one of those hire boats. i tried for three weeks to get one for no luck. any way hope i was some help.

Edited by even rude