Bait Grounds

James

just wondering if some kind people out there could guide me in the the right direction for livies in or off botany.

ive heard of the drums but got know idea where it is, so gps marking maybe needed

cheers James

You can't miss the drums, the huge white floating things at the end of the oil wharf. Not accesable when tanker is there.

Otherwise just burley hard at the end of or near the oil wharf or other structure where there is a light shining in the water at night. You might have trouble getting past the silver trevs but, if a school is around at the time.

good luck

just wondering if some kind people out there could guide me in the the right direction for livies in or off botany.

ive heard of the drums but got know idea where it is, so gps marking maybe needed

cheers James

As Domza said, you can't miss the drums, they are huge. They are on the right hand side, as you head out towards the heads. The tankers use the drums as moorings, it is next to the oil wharf. You normally get huge yakkas there, which I find are too big for live bait.

Try at Yarra Bay, good yakkas. It is the beach end of Molly Point.