Kings Kings And More Kings Zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

big_steve

Gday fellow raiders,

sunday seen my self, iain (seajay) his dad and brian (outnumberd) meet at cooks river ramp at 4:20Am

expections were sky high as a fortnight ago the boys really got stuck in2 the kings :biggrin2:

plan was too collect a few doz livies then troll to the kingy spot, and downrigg and see what we got get amongst

livies were very hard to come by, mados seemed to of RULE the bloody bait grounds

met fellow raiders CRAZYfisherdude sammy0884 and also seen tunOfun and his crew so it was like

a little social out there..

anyways after moving to a diff bait ground we managed 20 or so nice livies so we set off in

search of the beloved KINGS...

water conditions were perfect and chop was very minimal, must say congrats to seajay as his new

barcrusher is an absolute pleasure to fish off...

we set out our spread which was mainly skirts, nd rapalas.. we trolled to our kingy spot for ZILCH

not even a hit.. so the morning started off VERY slowly a few hours passed and talking to tunOfun on VHF

he managed a few kings as he was about 20 or so mins ahead of us, anyways we got to our destination and set up the downrigger with a nice sized livie and set out another 3 rods with livies..

the downrigger gets SMASHED and seajays dad being a kingy virgin was on first strike after some helpfull

advice from his son john boated his 1st kingy going around the 58cm mark... gee was he pumped :yahoo:

after this action for the next hour or so we were having a ball with the small ratties busting up all around us,

we boated kingy after kingy after kingy and inbetween brian (outnumberd) landed a LOVELY salmon which

would of been easily around the 65cm for my guess..

after this it went VERY quiet so iain decided we head out to the peak and see if we could tempt anything bigger.. we got there and threw out livies and they all got nailed BUT no hook ups :thumbdown:

i even rigged my charter special with a jig to try jig up a kingy hehehe after 1 attempt i handed it to iain as

it was to much work hehehehehe.. iain had a few go's for nothing, so back inside we went to see if the kings

were still around..

we spent the rest of the arvo chasing the schools of kings we kept coming across..

awesome fun and a top day out on a gr8 new boat and gr8 company..

thanks iain for the trip out... :thumbup::thumbup:

cheers steve

more pics :1fishing1:

more pics

post-1134-1164007793_thumb.jpg

post-1134-1164007826_thumb.jpg

post-1134-1164007842_thumb.jpg

post-1134-1164008356_thumb.jpg

post-1134-1164008369_thumb.jpg

post-1134-1164008391_thumb.jpg

post-1134-1164008479_thumb.jpg

post-1134-1164008554_thumb.jpg

great report mate,

i saw a tonne of sambos out there too... but they wouldnt touch a thing,

did u get it on a livie too?

CFD

yeah off memory brian was playing with his abu garcia reel and had a LITTLE skirt on it and i THINK he got it on that mate..

im sure brian will clear that up when he reads the report..... we caught that many fish that i cant quite remember...

cheers steve

Well done sounds like you guys had a ball

yeah it was awesome out there and to get into them was gr8 to..

after a little more practice with the downrigger and some bigger baits set deep im

sure we will nail a few keepers along the way :1fishing1:

cheers steve

great report mate,

i saw a tonne of sambos out there too... but they wouldnt touch a thing,

did u get it on a livie too?

CFD

yeah mate it fell to a livie on the surface at a slow troll :thumbup:

it was a great day out with Iain's confidence in his new toy showing with his demo of a full lock turn at reasonable speed (damn i'm impressed with that boat), his dad popping his cherry on kings (over and over again), Steve wanting pic's with just about every king he boated (except when the action was red hot with multi hookups)

and with me getting one of my goals for the season allready out of the way with a king boated using my little abu garcia 6600 (wont mention loseing my nilsy when i got smoked getting greedy going for a keeper on it :074: )

once again thanks for the invite Iain