Scented Squid For Kings.

costello

That does it....I gotta get me some prawns. Where do you get Endeavour prawns? I don't want to get hawkesbury river prawns as I don't want to support those pros who rape and pillage this area.

Cheers Kelvin

I usualy find them at my local fish market(shop), they are half the price of

Hawkesbury prawns and nearly twice the size,and alot brighter in colour

they almost resemble cooked prawns,

good luck

Can't wait to try out the "penguin prawn"technique.....Just need to go to the fish shop now ans stock up on prawns. WIll be hard to feed them to the fish though!!. CHeers Kelvin

hahaha

1 for u (kings) and 1 for me (you) something like that aye kelvin :1prop:

I have to admit, When John first told me that Penguin catches many kings with prawns i was very surprised.

Now that i have gotten to know these guys i know they don't talk shit, Goes to show that we can all still learn a thing or 2 when it comes to kings.

I think bait presentation is very important and these particular prawns must present very well to a kingy.

Thanks for sharing your successes Penguin

Can't wait to try out the "penguin prawn"technique.....Just need to go to the fish shop now ans stock up on prawns. WIll be hard to feed them to the fish though!!. CHeers Kelvin

Penguin prawn technique :074:

Who gave it that name :Funny-Post:

:risata: penguin

I hope the prawns go well on a downrigger...could be hard to stop them spinning! :074:

It should be renamed the "DEADLY PENGUIN PRAWN " technique

By the way I have found that when using dead baits and lures kings are very shy of heavy leader/line. With livies not so. What type of line do you use with these prawns? i routinely use 50lb fluorocarbon with live squid/yakkas/slimies. Cheers KElvin

It should be renamed the "DEADLY PENGUIN PRAWN " technique

By the way I have found that when using dead baits and lures kings are very shy of heavy leader/line. With livies not so. What type of line do you use with these prawns?

I use 5-6kg mono

:beersmile: penguin

haha believe me namesay it works.

i think penguin should change his name to prawned penguin

:074::074::074:

Crazy I have no doubt that this deadly penguin prawn method really works. I am just trying to find a suitable rig to have handy as seriously the next time I am out shopping I am buying prawns!!! THe tackle shop owners must think that I have come to my senses and I m targeting flathead or bream or other more sensible species.

I am wondering if 10kg fluorocarbon will do as that is the lightest gear I use for kings. I HATE being busted up :mad3: . After a bust up on a good fish I am totally mad for about 2-3 days ...can't sleep...etc. I hate losing to these fish! Should have seen me after losing a 15kg king at the boat. I needed counselling for a month to get back to normal!!! Cheers Kelvin

I've had guys fishing same peeled prawns as me,

on heavier gear and only getting the occasional touch,

or none at all.

6kg mono works good for me on a very thin and flexible rod,

acts as a good shock absorber.

And i prefer to have a fish take a good run and bust me off,

rather than have them shy away from my bait bcoz they can see

the heavier line.

:beersmile: penguin

i think penguin should change his name to prawned penguin

:074::074::074:

Whats this? pick on penguin day.

Watch it john,or I'll bring up the Crazy John esky technique of toiletry.

Edited by penguin

:074::074:

here we go

the 15 inch version ,kidding

namesay ,netics mate had the same experience last weekend with hooking up onto a 15 kg kingie and got it to the boat and then it got away to fight another day.

i too would lose a considerable amount of sleeps if that was to happen to me

Edited by Crazy John

I'm not a huge fan of losing good fish boatside but i love getting smoked :thumbup: Nothing like the feeling of the drag singing and your knees knocking in nervousness while you push your gear to the max, if you get busted up so be it i reckon. You gotta lose a few to make it better when you land them i reckon.

Having said that when you start losing alot...well :ranting2:

The worst cases are the ones that you see before they bust you off. The ones that you don't see don't seem to haunt you as much. And doesn't it suck as the fish that busts you off are ALWAYS the big ones!

I want to go on Dr Phil's show and get counselling to learn to cope with bust offs!! Cheers Kelvin

Edited by namesay