Broken Bay 19/11/06

dicer

A quick report of Sunday's trip, better late than never.

Hit Mooney Mooney Ramp around 6.00am and headed out to Flint & Steel. Lots of nibbles, boated a mixed bag of Tailor, Bream, Snapper & Rock Cod (probably about 12-15 all up) between 6am-10am for 3 legal Bream.

Had a drift out near Lion Island only picked up another Rock Cod. Tried a few other places on the way back to the ramp, no luck. Pulled the plug around 2.00pm.

Broken Bay is becomming hard work to just get a feed. I am sure you would have preferred more than 3 bream to go with your chips and salad. Hope your next round improves by 10 fold and the neighbours get a feed also.

I have never had a great deal of success at Flint and Steel.

Do you generally get results there?

Cheers

Martin

I agree

I was there on Sunday too.

We headed a bit outside Lion Island for very little, one legal (just) flatty - left to swim again, & one sick deckie

Then moved into Hungry Beach straight onto bream, then went a bit further down & found heaps of small snapper & another flattie.

Tried around dangar for small bream, but i figured it was :beersmile: time - so head home & think about Botany Bay next sunday.

Broken Bay is becomming hard work to just get a feed. I am sure you would have preferred more than 3 bream to go with your chips and salad. Hope your next round improves by 10 fold and the neighbours get a feed also.

I have never had a great deal of success at Flint and Steel.

Do you generally get results there?

Cheers

Martin

Hi Martin,

The only time I've had any serious results at Flint & steel was on a Calmwater Charter this time last year. I marked the spot on my GPS but before I got to go back there I fried my GPS so I'm trying to work off some visual marks that I noted at the time but I'm yet to have any success. Aside from the charter, Sunday was actually the best return I've had from Flint & Steel.

Flint and steel on a weekend is like a freeway. Boy those boats don't slow down!! IT is really hard work at flint and steel as it is netted relentlessly. YOu should be there on a weekday and there is always a pro boat netting there. I don't bother fishing there unless there are some pelagics busting on the surface.Had a good school of kings about a month ago but it has been quiet ..for me atleast since. CHeers Kelvin

i agree. i find it the most over rated fishing spot in the Hawkesbury. I know fish are caught there but after more years than i care to think about i dont bother trying there any more. And on the weekend, isnt there a couple of boats there. They out number the fish by 10 to 1.

i agree. i find it the most over rated fishing spot in the Hawkesbury. I know fish are caught there but after more years than i care to think about i dont bother trying there any more. And on the weekend, isnt there a couple of boats there. They out number the fish by 10 to 1.

Yeah, we laugh everytime @ the boat/fish ratio.

I would imagine it to be very frustrating!!

We were out on the water on Sunday moored up in Refuge Bay.

The :wife: got some awesome fish including a huge bream that dwarfed any other bream we have ever caught out there. I have entered it into the Nov fish of the month - vote for the goliath bream the missus needs a new reel!!

Just when we thought that fish would do us for the day (it was about bream number 7 - we had two of the bigger ones on ice and let the others go) she pulls in this flatty... Needless to say she was :1prop:

Got a couple of blue manners caught up in the hook as well - they were two of the sweetest crabs I have ever chowed down on... All up - 3 big bream, a decent flatty and a couple blueis = feast on Sunday night!

i really think the river is firing at the moment and things will only get better.

some big big jews have been pulled out of there in the last couple of weeks including one that i seen yesterday arvo. boat next to me was lucky enough to get the big fella.

mate i dont fish flint and steel often as it only produces smaller school size jews, but when i do or when im on my way back from the lbg it is quite common to go past the reef and see every boat fishing the reef incorrectly. people complain about losing anchors getting snags and only picking up scrappy fish maybe they should understand the spots before fishing them as parking next to another 10 boats will not get you fish knowing how to fish the area will get you the fish.

i really think the river is firing at the moment and things will only get better.

some big big jews have been pulled out of there in the last couple of weeks including one that i seen yesterday arvo. boat next to me was lucky enough to get the big fella.

mate i dont fish flint and steel often as it only produces smaller school size jews, but when i do or when im on my way back from the lbg it is quite common to go past the reef and see every boat fishing the reef incorrectly. people complain about losing anchors getting snags and only picking up scrappy fish maybe they should understand the spots before fishing them as parking next to another 10 boats will not get you fish knowing how to fish the area will get you the fish.

Didn't today prove something today James other than me being the superior fisherman.

I have heard about a new SEWER outlet to be built near the road bridge. Is this true? ...boy this will stuff up EVERYTHING. Perhaps there will be more Sh!t loving fish but the Hawkesbury is bad enough without this! CHeers Kelvin

nah they are doing some work on the raw waste bit i m sure they are only upgrading. there is no way they would dump shit that far up a river.

on the bright side it couldnt get as bad as that toxic dump we both fished today.

how did you end up going kelvin?

Didn't today prove something today James other than me being the superior fisherman.

it did prove something Anthony the man with the bomb out fishes the man with a sinker, only just.

downrigger/anthony 4

me 3

hooker 1

kings 5

it did prove something Anthony the man with the bomb out fishes the man with a sinker, only just.

downrigger/anthony 4

me 3

hooker 1

kings 5

Heh James I can even better those numbers.......................

Man with the boat = some

Man not in the boat = 0

:074::074::074::074:

Edited by AO7474