Sounder Bouncing

costello

Hey Raiders.

Before i start my painful search on the net for repairs etc, i thought i'd scope you guys. The depth reader on my sounder is just bouncing between 9meters and 21 meters. It's just constantly going from 9m all the way up to 21m then back to 9m etc, it's like the seabed is a dirt bike jump track. Has anyone had this problem, known a quick fix? If not where do you go in the Sydney area to get it fixed? I didn't buy the sounder, it was on the boat when i bought it so i've got no start.

Cheers,

Mark

Edited by costa

Hey Raiders.

Before i start my painful search on the net for repairs etc, i thought i'd scope you guys. The depth reader on my sounder is just bouncing between 9meters and 21 meters. It's just constantly going from 9m all the way up to 21m then back to 9m etc, it's like the seabed is a dirt bike jump track. Has anyone had this problem, known a quick fix? If not where do you go in the Sydney area to get it fixed? I didn't buy the sounder, it was on the boat when i bought it so i've got no start.

Cheers,

Mark

What type of sounder? Did you check your transducer for crap that has accumulated? Or chips and scratches. ALso check the cable as a small amount of salt water entry will stuff up everyting. CHeers Kelvin

What type of sounder? Did you check your transducer for crap that has accumulated? Or chips and scratches. ALso check the cable as a small amount of salt water entry will stuff up everyting. CHeers Kelvin

It's an old Eagle CUDA 168EX. Rubbish it is, but i fish the depths and have a lot of luck this way but i can't even do that now, came up empty my last 2 trips fishing blind. The only problem i can find is two of the male connections are a bit bent and i'm having a bit of trouble plugging it in.

Cheers,

Mark

It's an old Eagle CUDA 168EX. Rubbish it is, but i fish the depths and have a lot of luck this way but i can't even do that now, came up empty my last 2 trips fishing blind. The only problem i can find is two of the male connections are a bit bent and i'm having a bit of trouble plugging it in.

Cheers,

Mark

Looks like you need a new unit! Cheaper than fixing them sometimes and better performance into the bargain. Cheers kelvin

1. check you transducer

2. does your unit have depth range in the menu? (upper and lower limits) check this - you may be running at between 9 & 21 metres

3. what happens when you zoom out?

4. last option - reset factory settings

1. check you transducer

2. does your unit have depth range in the menu? (upper and lower limits) check this - you may be running at between 9 & 21 metres

3. what happens when you zoom out?

4. last option - reset factory settings

Transducer looks fine (the transducer is the piece attached to the back of the boat yeah :wacko: )It has depth range but it usually still reads what is there, i'll check that, not sure on the zoom out function, i erased the moment it went out on me because i got so :1badmood: