Car Wash Locations

bullfrog

There used to be a chain of car wash places called (I think) Car Lovers where you could bring your boat, put a few coins in the machine and give it a good clean. They used recycled water and were quick & easy and relatively cheap.

With the current water restrictions it is becoming more dificult to get a boat cleaned after a day out, particularly for people who live in units.

Are there any such car wash places still around?, if so where?. I'm looking for something between ATB and the North Sydney area if anyone can offer any locations.

Cheers,

Thanks Hooky, I've driven past there but thought it was an automatic one for cars only. I might give it a closer look.

No worries but you may be right in it been an auto drive thru for cars.

I've never seen a real lot of the type of car wash you're after on the north side but over here on the south side, they are everywhere.

Good luck. :thumbup:

Bullfrog

There's a Carlovers southbound on the Pacific Highway at Chatswood.

Chris

Thanks Chris, thats exactly what I was looking for.

I tried looking under Car Lovers on the whitepages.com site and nothing came up. It is under CarLovers without the space - you'd think it would be listed under both!

turramurra car lovers on pacific highway has the high pressure guns self serve

The Turramurra one is pretty easy to get to. Traffic lights on the corner make it accessable from both directions, although it's on the southbound side. Coles is behind it, so you can stock up on supplies at the same time. Accross the highway is a fishshop that isn't bad, and a bottleshop.

Hi Bullfrog,

I think the one at Chatswood is automatic.

I would recommend the Carlovers at Dee Why - Pittwater RD (next to the RSL). Lots of bays with plenty of height and width...just be careful with entry into the complex, has a tight corner but with the right approach shouldnt be an issue.

Cheers

Manama

Hi Bullfrog,

I think the one at Chatswood is automatic.

I would recommend the Carlovers at Dee Why - Pittwater RD (next to the RSL). Lots of bays with plenty of height and width...just be careful with entry into the complex, has a tight corner but with the right approach shouldnt be an issue.

Cheers

Manama

Thanks Manama - I guess I could always drop in for a schooner at the club after :beersmile: