Left Hand Or Right Hand

Penguin

Im right handed and while I fish I hold the rod in my

right hand and wind with the left hand,when people see

me fishing this way I always get the same question

thrown at me,"Are you left handed,".

I then have to explain that I use my strongest and dominant

arm to fight the fish, and my weaker arm to wind with.I also

find this way very natural and comfortable.

I see other rightys holding their rod in their left or weaker arm

and winding with there right or stronger arm.

Im just wondering how u guys do it.

Are u a righty or lefty and do u hold your rod in your dominant

hand or your non dominant.

:beersmile: penguin

Edited by penguin

I am left handed and hold the rod with my left hand and wind with right hand. Never really thought about it in the begining but it was natural to pick up the rod with the left hand and reel handles were usually found on the right. I dont need to change hands and feels easy to use

I am left handed and hold the rod with my left hand and wind with right hand. Never really thought about it in the begining but it was natural to pick up the rod with the left hand and reel handles were usually found on the right. I dont need to change hands and feels easy to use

:dito: :dito:

Im right handed

Hold the rod with my left and wind with my right

Although i have seen many pros do it like you penguin

I think its a matetr of habit

I have tried doing it the other way and it didnt feel comfortable...couldnt get my composure

I'm right handed and when I spin I cast with my right hand and wind with my left hand.

When I troll or bait fish I wind with my right hand.

My husband uses his right hand to wind for everything.

Each to their own.

My left handed mate lent me a rod last week. i couldn't be asses changing the handle over so i just wound with my left. No big deal. got used to it pretty quick.

Davo

Guest danielinbyron

I always felt more comfy using my dominant hand to wind but i only use my left to steer really and still use the hand attatched to the reel to lift..pushing down with my left..

Hi

I have been fishing for 45 years the first 43 I used my right hand to wind, I would cast with my right dominant hand then change the rod to my left hand so I could wind with my right. Then I read an article about fishing for bream or such like, and the need to pick up on the lure as soon as it hits the water, so I changed. I still cast with my dominant right hand and but now wind with my left hand, so I don't have to change hands after the cast, took me a whole week to adapt to the change. Works for me much smoother casting and retrieving. Would not go back to the old way that I learnt as a kid.

Seeing i use mainly use overheads i think i am going to have to stick with winding with my right hand.

As must of my outfits are designed that way....and unfortunately i dont have the cash spare to replace the outfits

Saqa and the reat of you lefties I'm the same :thumbup: