Blackwattle Bay

insolent

Went for a fish this morning down in Glebe. Took the soft plastics and also some bait, everything was looking good for a flick until I walked out to the point and copped the wind. After a half an hour or so with nothing on the plastics I switched to the bait (mullet and tuna strips). The switch worked straight onto a 43 cm flattie, then some small squire. Then flicked out dragged the bait on the bottom a couple of turns of the reel handle and smashed. 58 cm flattie makes my day. The choppers started to show and bite me off, switched to long shanks and landed 4 tailor 20-25 cms. All in all a good little session with bites happening from 8am to about midday, using 6lb fireline and 10lb leader on Berkley Dropshot rod Daiwa Caprice reel, got to love the morning high tides. Sorry the flattie is a little dirty she spat the hook over the dirt I just took a quick photo and released her as she was a bit tired.

Evil

post-1505-1164331817_thumb.jpg

Edited by Evil

i've heard good things about blackwattle.

do you live in or near glebe? im local, and if you're going down there again i wouldn't mind coming down to see how you approach sp luring.

Hi, I'm in Chippendale, will be going to Glebe a fair bit over the next few months since they have opened up the foreshore again. I'll PM you next time I'm going and see if we can meet up and have a fish.

Cheers

Would like to give the bay a try, were you LB or in a boat? Thinking of heading down sat 9th.

LB, I would like to fish Sat the 9th but have my local pub chrissy party the night before and can't see myself doing anything constructive the following day.

Evil

Howdy all,

Long time lurker first time poster...Took the little brother down to Blackwattle after work this evening to wet a line, just using some prawn and seemed to initially get some decent hits but couldn't convert, was about 1.5 hrs after the high tide so not best time but when you can go ya go...