Pittwater/patonga 24/11

sk.

Gday All

Finally got to take the boat out for a spin today, been to long since last outing.

Launched at Bayview for the first time, great ramp by the way. :thumbup:

Went straight to the island, and got a little squid, good start in my opinion. :thumbup: After a while with no more luck went to the first kingy spot, trolled their for a while, only for the squid to be eaten by tailor :mad3:

There were a few boils here and there, so we tried trolling a minnow to see if we could tempt a salmon, or anything. No such luck. Went back to the island, got another squid and headed to the next kingy spot. Nothing. No bait on screen, nothing. Saw a charter op and he didnt seem to be hooking anything either.

As my mate was getting bit bored, decided to head to patonga see if we could get a flatty or two, normally doesnt let us down, but today it did. Couldnt lose a bait today :mad3: Long ride for nothing :thumbdown:

Time was running out by then so I had one last troll at a kingy haunt, but only to be smashed by tailor again.

All up was a good to get out, but pretty disappointing seeing we had live squid. The water was warm over 21 degrees, but the lack of bait appeared to be our downfall today. There is always next time !

Cheers Shaun

Gday All

Finally got to take the boat out for a spin today, been to long since last outing.

Launched at Bayview for the first time, great ramp by the way. :thumbup:

Went straight to the island, and got a little squid, good start in my opinion. :thumbup: After a while with no more luck went to the first kingy spot, trolled their for a while, only for the squid to be eaten by tailor :mad3:

There were a few boils here and there, so we tried trolling a minnow to see if we could tempt a salmon, or anything. No such luck. Went back to the island, got another squid and headed to the next kingy spot. Nothing. No bait on screen, nothing. Saw a charter op and he didnt seem to be hooking anything either.

As my mate was getting bit bored, decided to head to patonga see if we could get a flatty or two, normally doesnt let us down, but today it did. Couldnt lose a bait today :mad3: Long ride for nothing :thumbdown:

Time was running out by then so I had one last troll at a kingy haunt, but only to be smashed by tailor again.

All up was a good to get out, but pretty disappointing seeing we had live squid. The water was warm over 21 degrees, but the lack of bait appeared to be our downfall today. There is always next time !

Cheers Shaun

Fished in Pittwater and around headlands last week Shaun for 0. Also noticed no bait on sounder where ever we went. Me thinks that is the problem. Trawlers are pulling everything out. Went fishing outside the harbour this week. Found heaps of schooling bait and got plenty of Kingies.

I was there today as well. Fished Juno and Elanor Bluffs. Result = 1 shovel nose. Didn't see anyone get a Jew. Greg Joyes was moving around a bit too, I reckon he was even doing ut tough.

Davo