At Long Last !

kilp

Hello to all

I went out today with my good mate brendon to sydney habour to try and land my first ever king. Launched at the boat ramp in ryde by about 4.45pm and then arrived at the harbour within about 15-20 mins.

As always we struggled to get yakkas, we only got one. Then we went in search of squid, we only got two.We must have tried about 10 different places, I guess its better than none.

So after a quick bite and refuelling, off to bluefin point we went, in arriving there I met "barryrocker" who was doin the slow troll , along the shore line, not sure if they got anything, but boy you guys have one beautiful boat. Anyway after downriggin for about 30 min, "bam" the squid goes off, and before I knew it I was on. a few minutes later, Kilp - officially landed his first ever kingie ....whhhhhooooo hoooo!!!!!!! :thumbup:

Although I have tussled with them before, I have never landed one, espcially not with a downrigger. But after countless, trips and persistance, not forgetting brendons help (caught all the bait) , I landed my first king. what a bloody feeling. I know I am carrying on a bit, but after so many disappointments, I finally cracked it.

After this we have the second squid hit, but no hook up, when we brought the line in, the squid had been mauled pretty bad. Funny enough nothing touched the Yakka.

My kingie measured in At 62cm, I know it wasnt too big, and thought of letting him go, but the treble hook was so far down and he was bleeding bad.

Tonight I'll have one for all of use!!!!!

cheers fellas

kilp

p.s I have a pic of me and the kingy, if someone can pm me or guide me thru on how to post the image, I would really apreciate it.

Kilp, good work! I am the guy you were talking to at the Wedding Cake (The guy in the Cruise Craft).

Congratulations on your catch, you did better than me! I managed to nothing of interest although my Yakka did get taken.

Not sure about you but i didn't see to many kings get landed today.

Clappa.

Woohoo Kilp!!! :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

So glad you landed your first kingy. I'm green with envy.

Still waiting to get my first, but not long hopefully.

Oh what a feeling eh!!

Congrats again.

Cheers,

Pete.

O.k I think I may have been able to attached the pic to this report. By the way, thanks fellas for your encouragement P.s must warn you all, I do look like a bit of a dork in this pic.

cheers kilp

Kilp, good work! I am the guy you were talking to at the Wedding Cake (The guy in the Cruise Craft).

Congratulations on your catch, you did better than me! I managed to nothing of interest although my Yakka did get taken.

Not sure about you but i didn't see to many kings get landed today.

Clappa.

Hey ya clappa, it was great meeting you and your friend today. appreciate the congrat's on catching my first kingie. I do agree with you, I didnt see to many people catch kingies today for some reason. Funny wasnt it, my fish sonar was showing huge fish and bait balls throughout the wedding cakes and yet we only managed one yellowtail, I guess that the way it is sometime.

ANyway champ, I hope to see you around again, and catch up for a chat.

post-2793-1164364691_thumb.jpg

So after a quick bite and refuelling, off to bluefin point we went, in arriving there I met "barryrocker" who was doin the slow troll , along the shore line, not sure if they got anything, but boy you guys have one beautiful boat.

cheers mate. good work on the king

we had trouble getting bait as well, took ages to even get yakkas but then got heaps of good-sized one's fast at clontarf moorings, and our mate got a 60cm jew while we we bait jigging - which we released. we were so keen to try for kings we didn't even put other baits down for the rest of the jew school.

we couldn't get squid at all. headed out with just yakkas. hooked a king, which pulled the knot of the trailing hook!!! what a recruit trick! pissed off. after that the only action we saw was yours. congrats again.