Yellowfin Tuna And The Weekend

Ross Hunter

Whilst last weekends catch was small as far as yellowfin go....except fot two reasonable fish to 30 kg :1fishing1: I wonder what the coming weekend will bring... Having looked at the oceanic charts there is some 23 degree water flowing thru . That should have some striped marlin in it There was one caught on Saturday..The small yellowfin should be prolific so we keep our fingers crossed I have just posted an up date on my web site.www.gamefishingcharters.com.au with some photos.. I cannot post photos here for some reason Where's mrs swordfisherman when I need her.

I think this southerly gale will ebate and we may get out.

kEEP AN EYE ON THE WEATHER! and good luck:1yikes:

Guest Sea Jay

Might be a bit rough out wide for us, but if it settles down we might have a go.

Thanks for the report.

What sort of boat you got big bannana and which day where you thinking of heading out. I was hoping to get out sunday but have pretty much given up looking at the weather

Ross can you please point me in the right direction as far as oceanic charts go- im trying to find some good reliable data on SST,s.

I found a website but seems to run out pretty expensive about $70.00 a week unlimited, Is SST information availble for free anywhere- obviously needs up to date with gps co-ordinates.

Regards in advance

Assassin (Adam)

Ross can you please point me in the right direction as far as oceanic charts go- im trying to find some good reliable data on SST,s.

I found a website but seems to run out pretty expensive about $70.00 a week unlimited, Is SST information availble for free anywhere- obviously needs up to date with gps co-ordinates.

Regards in advance

Assassin (Adam)

http://www.marine.csiro.au/remotesensing/o...owe/latest.html

Chris

Guest Big-Banana

What sort of boat you got big bannana and which day where you thinking of heading out. I was hoping to get out sunday but have pretty much given up looking at the weather

7m plate boat, but its a long way out in a rough. Probably give it a miss I reckon.

I was also planning on going out wide to chase some marlin, There are alot of Bait schools out there.....wanting to work some but the weather doesnt look too inviting

Im going to give it a bash...

Taking out a bunch of mates that have seen the photos of the fin over the last few weeks and have been begging so thought i would try and get amongst the jelly beans on some lighter tackle this week.

If anyone is out throw a Holla on the VHF.

Cheers

Dan

Ok www.seasurface.com is the best one ive found, at the moment they have a special if you are in a GFAA club. Below is the direct link

The top package is $180.00 per year unlimited access, saving of over $1300.00.

http://aqua.earthinsite.com/seasurface/pro_access_gfaa.html

apparently this is the same info that the pros use.

I signed up this afternoon, and they had me up and running within 15 minutes. It will be interesting to see if this info does make a difference.

regards

Assassin (adam)