Yahama Service

streve

Hi guys.

I have a 130 yahama salt water series and recently put it in for a service.

(I think its a 2000 model)

It came back running terrible.

The oil tank was dry when i took it for its first run.

I filled it up and it ran terrible. If it got over 4500rpm it dies.

They also charged me for fixing a trim switch which they never did.

When I returned it to them they claimed it was nothing to do with what they

had done and told me they would not fix it. They said they were only

interested in government and larger contracts.

Did not stop them keeping my hard earned cash though.

If anyone wants to know who they are PM me.

Oops..........back to the topic (can you tell im a bit pissed at them?)

Can anyone suggest someone who can do a proper service on a 130

yahama salt water series.

I am in the liverpool area.

Cheers

Why not use someon local Paul?

Roy,

I couldn't find anyone local who I liked or trusted.

And I found both of those things @ Macarthur Marine.

So it is a little drive but well worth it in my opinion.

Hi guys.

I have a 130 yahama salt water series and recently put it in for a service.

(I think its a 2000 model)

It came back running terrible.

The oil tank was dry when i took it for its first run.

I filled it up and it ran terrible. If it got over 4500rpm it dies.

They also charged me for fixing a trim switch which they never did.

When I returned it to them they claimed it was nothing to do with what they

had done and told me they would not fix it. They said they were only

interested in government and larger contracts.

Did not stop them keeping my hard earned cash though.

If anyone wants to know who they are PM me.

Oops..........back to the topic (can you tell im a bit pissed at them?)

Can anyone suggest someone who can do a proper service on a 130

yahama salt water series.

I am in the liverpool area.

Cheers

Mate I hear you.

I have a 115ph Saltwater Series Yamaha and get all my servicing done at Kroboats, at Corrimal.

I also live in the Liverpool area, but don't mind taking the boat to somebody that knows what thy are doing, appreciates your business and is reasonably priced. They are also a Yamaha Platinum Dealer so you have piece of mind & confidence in their work. Give Don Banning and his team a try.....you won't be disappointed.

My engine had some overheating problems a few years back and I unfortunately took it to several local outboard mechanics in the South Western Sydney area. Well what a huge mistake! Problem was not fixed and heaps of $$$$$ later I eventually took it to Kroboats.... problem identified straight away and fixed in about 4hrs.

What can I say, I went away a very happy customer.

Good luck, and I'd love to know who the back yard mechanic was that stuffed you around. Please send me a PM with his name.

Mate I hear you.

I have a 115ph Saltwater Series Yamaha and get all my servicing done at Kroboats, at Corrimal.

I also live in the Liverpool area, but don't mind taking the boat to somebody that knows what thy are doing, appreciates your business and is reasonably priced. They are also a Yamaha Platinum Dealer so you have piece of mind & confidence in their work. Give Don Banning and his team a try.....you won't be disappointed.

My engine had some overheating problems a few years back and I unfortunately took it to several local outboard mechanics in the South Western Sydney area. Well what a huge mistake! Problem was not fixed and heaps of $$$$$ later I eventually took it to Kroboats.... problem identified straight away and fixed in about 4hrs.

What can I say, I went away a very happy customer.

Good luck, and I'd love to know who the back yard mechanic was that stuffed you around. Please send me a PM with his name.

I also take my boat which has a 60hp Yammie to Kroboats for servicing, even though I live in Penrith. In fact I purchased my boat off them and was so impressed with their friendly yet professional service I am more than happy to make the trip.

It is a family business so they take a huge amount of pride in their work and are very accommodating regarding bookings and timing when they know you come from Sydney.

Stephen.

I also take my boat which has a 60hp Yammie to Kroboats for servicing, even though I live in Penrith. In fact I purchased my boat off them and was so impressed with their friendly yet professional service I am more than happy to make the trip.

It is a family business so they take a huge amount of pride in their work and are very accommodating regarding bookings and timing when they know you come from Sydney.

Stephen.

Stephen,

I brought my current boat of Don at KROBOATS back in 1992. Have been doing business with him since then. I agree he is a top bloke.

Hopefully next year I will be upgrading if all goes well, and I'll go straight back to KROBOATS for another rig.

Nathan.

We also bought a rig off KROBOATS , top people they are.

The fello drove all the way to St.Clair where we lived at the time to value our trade in as we only called in there while having a swim down that way. He drove away with the trade in & we got our new Quinnie a week later.

Good honest establishment IMO.