Yakas And Squid

Ads

Anyone ever kept yellow tail and squid in the same live bait tank?

Do the squid attack the yellow tail or do you need to keep them seperated?

Cotroversial topic and another one thats had more starts than Phar Lap. Look up posts under namesay and you should find heaps. He reckons you can and he is truly the expert on these things.

Davo

Cotroversial topic and another one thats had more starts than Phar Lap. Look up posts under namesay and you should find heaps. He reckons you can and he is truly the expert on these things.

Davo

Oon most occasions you can but i have seen Squid attack Yakkas in my tank before, Once they latch on its pretty much death for the yakka....i prefer to seperate them, allows more room for them to live

Hey all....

I dont have a live bait tank or necessarily go for yakka's,,, mainly squid :1prop: However I do often raise squid whilst bait fishing.... An on more occasions than I can count brought a squid up attacking a flounder or 40cm flat ive got hoooked.

Squid can be extremely aggressive at times, and bloody timid at others, so stick with what netic and namesay recommend, an u shouldnt go wrong. We generally keep our squid seperated from other baits being used. :1fishing1:

Dan and Greg