Biggest Blackie To Date

arpie

Hi Guys

Trotted over to the Rockpool in Tuncurry the other day and threw a line in whilst the other half had a run along Nine Mile Beach - got into some blackfish almost immediately, then hooked this monster! My biggest to date was 41cm and this one is 45cm, weighing in at 2 1/2lb exactly! Took a bit of work getting him into the net - he really didn't want to go there! He evaded the net 6 times & tried to hide under an oyster covered rock, but I managed to coax (make that 'drag') him out into open water again. A guy in the pool was giving his 3 yr old daughter a blow by blow description - 'oooh, looks like a nice fish - nearly in the net - oops it got out - she's trying it again - it is giving her a hard time .....' and so it went on! Big pressure! Big fish! Yee hah! Fish for tea.

Will try & upload a photo - first effort at this, so be patient!

Sorry it is the blotchy side showing - I didn't realise until after I had filleted and skinned it! The other side looked much better.

Cheers

Roberta

Hi Guys

Trotted over to the Rockpool in Tuncurry the other day and threw a line in whilst the other half had a run along Nine Mile Beach - got into some blackfish almost immediately, then hooked this monster! My biggest to date was 41cm and this one is 45cm, weighing in at 2 1/2lb exactly! Took a bit of work getting him into the net - he really didn't want to go there! He evaded the net 6 times & tried to hide under an oyster covered rock, but I managed to coax (make that 'drag') him out into open water again. A guy in the pool was giving his 3 yr old daughter a blow by blow description - 'oooh, looks like a nice fish - nearly in the net - oops it got out - she's trying it again - it is giving her a hard time .....' and so it went on! Big pressure! Big fish! Yee hah! Fish for tea.

Will try & upload a photo - first effort at this, so be patient!

Sorry it is the blotchy side showing - I didn't realise until after I had filleted and skinned it! The other side looked much better.

Cheers

Roberta

Great Fish,

Cant wait to get up there for 3 weeks at Christmas.....will be staying in the Tuncurry caravan park. Any reports of big Jews being caught off the break wall recently????

Great Fish,

Cant wait to get up there for 3 weeks at Christmas.....will be staying in the Tuncurry caravan park. Any reports of big Jews being caught off the break wall recently????

Plenty of big jewies being caught, especially off the Forster breakwall on the out tide. Some real whoppers. You'll be in the right spot to throw in over at Tuncurry, tho. Plenty taken from there as well. I normally hang out on the Forster side, so mainly hear of those ones.

Might see you around at Xmas - give me a yell when you get here - mind you, with the traffic trying to get over the bridge, I usually stay on the Forster side!

Cheers

Roberta