Official Report On Flattie Social

mrsswordfisherman

Guest fishrunner

Thanks again to everyone involved :biggrin2:

Since they seem to be popular , here is another underwater pic!

Didn't quite get the nose in the frame though, they can be a bit of a hit and miss affair!!

post-647-1165211997_thumb.jpg

cheers :beersmile:

Edited by fishrunner

Well what can i say,,,,,,, Thank you fellow Fish Raiders for making it a GREAT day

a BIG :thumbup: To all the cooks & suppliers of food , drinks & all the prize givers...

{Keen Fisherwoman} Elena & my self, Stuck it out in the :1badmood: conditions. Elena as

my Deckie fished hard all day for one not so big Flattie,,,, Hey but thats fish'n..

Great to meet new Raiders & to put faces to names .

Thanks again for a great social and Congrats to the Winners. The winning Flattie what a RIPPER :thumbup:

Cheers Tom

Guest Sea Jay

Great work from the organisers, had a great time meeting fellow raiders and putting names to faces, looking foward to the next one, hopefully the weather is a bit better for the next one.

It was great to meet and put faces to fishraiders, had a great day (pity about the weather)

Thanks Ross for all your hard work :thumbup: you did a fantastic job.

Thanks to all the sponsors, and to Claudia & Sean my kids loved the showbags :thumbup:

Congratulation to fishrunner - great fish :1yikes: and great photos.

Hope to see you all again in January for the kingfish social

Post is up and pics added :yahoo:

What a great day for Fishraider ,congratulations all who braved the elements and thanks to everyone who helped out .

It was very remiss of us not too mention Dave(offtap1)for providing nearly all the meat for the day and I am deeply sorry we did not mention that at the Social, Dave.Our sincerest appologies and you will be rewarded for your fantastic effort by becoming our newest GOLD MEMBER Congratulations :yahoo:

Cheers Swordfisherman

Cheers Stewy no problem buddy will be happy to do it all again thanks for the great Day and special thanks to Ross and Mrs Ross and everyone else who made it an enjoyable experience.

thanks to everybody who had a part in the social although the weather wasnt the best we still had a great time / sorry couldnt stay long looking forward to next social and talking to a lot more great people

thanks again to everybody who had a part in the day :thumbup::thumbup:

I was spewing that i couldn't make this, it looks like it was an absolute cracker of a day. Just want to say a big thanks to Ross ( flightmanager) for organising it. It's because of the efforts that you ( and the rest of the admin and members) continuously make, that make this site so great.

Good on you guys, hope to catch you at the next one!

Hi Guys

Better late than never , this was my first social with fishraider so I didn't know what to expect. But if fishing is a water sport hobby I should have expected wind rain. The weather gods didn't disapoint on that score.

After getting an offer to be a deckie with Bails, which I took up with no hesitation, I was away from land based, otherwise with the weather I would more than likely gone home.

After a couple of small nibbles in amongst the moored boats on the Georges between the Cooks & Tom Ugly bridges we moved closer to land and shallow water , it didnt take long to get a decent hook up, which turned out to be the second largest flattie for members , a PB for me @ 54cm . Not bad to say it's only my second outing in four years & only my third flattie that i've caught.

A big thank you to the sponsors & the organisers & Bails for a great day , I'm sure I'll be back for some more.

Boxfish

So close but yet so far.

The intententions where there. We put in at moorebank and flew down to the Bay. I shouldnt of had a shower that morning as the chop in the bay did a good job getting us wet. Cruised along the coast looking for fellow raiders and there they where. But why is there no other boats. Anyway lets beach it and register. By now we have a few curious onlookers. The boats turned sideways and is getting bashed by the waves against the sand. Now theres a hole bunch of bemused raiders looking on. Bugger this is to hard basket. Out we get turn the boat around and head back up the river. Spent the morning fishing and even manged to score a feed. it was a shame I dint get to catch up but at least i made an appearance a pretty crapy won at that.

cheers

bill

post-1468-1165656731_thumb.jpg

A pity Bill that you didn't make it to Camp Fishraider. You should have yelled out and a few of us could have helped you hold the boat while you registered.

Yes, it wasn't the best weather but more than made up for it by meeting everyone there and sharing a few :beersmile: and a feed.

That flattie you got may have taken out a prize in the end, but not the major one..It was unbeatable the moment it hit the deck.

Glad you got a feed in the end so it wasn't a total loss.

Let's hope you can make the next social for kingies on the harbour.

Cheers,

Pete