Best Hooks For Trevally

domza

This year i have had a lot of trouble catching trevs in the bay.

Last year i would pull up one after the other but this year i just can't seem to find them.

When i have gotten a few, a lot of the times the hooks pulled from their jaw.

Im just wondering which hook everyone uses when targeting silver trevs inside the bay or anywhere else..i haven't had much success on small mustad baitholder hooks.

I usually use prawns or pillies for bait(small chunks).

thanks. :1fishing1:

This year i have had a lot of trouble catching trevs in the bay.

Last year i would pull up one after the other but this year i just can't seem to find them.

When i have gotten a few, a lot of the times the hooks pulled from their jaw.

Im just wondering which hook everyone uses when targeting silver trevs inside the bay or anywhere else..i haven't had much success on small mustad baitholder hooks.

I usually use prawns or pillies for bait(small chunks).

thanks. :1fishing1:

I'm using a size a 2 hook mostly on pillies(small chunks). Every time i go out to the bay we end up catching aleast 10 of them. On the other hand this year i can't catch any bream. Last year i was smashing them.

best ones ive found are 1/0's on the longer shank baitholders,

caught PLENTY in and around the bay in the past sick of catching them now so i dont target them

very rearly anyways..

best way is get a good berley trail going of bread nd mashed pillies ect ect keep it constant and a nice fine trail,

then FLOAT unweighted prawns down IN AMONGST the trail and BAAAAAAAM ur on if there there that is..

1/0 hook i found very universal as often whilst fishing for trevs the odd bream would beat the trevs to the bait and the occasional KINGY :1yikes: as i learned from penguin prawn technique hehe,

just my method but each to there own i guess.. but worked a treat for me anyways...

im sure fellow raiders use this very same technique including that "CRAZY"FISHINGDUDE :074:

cheers steve

best ones ive found are 1/0's on the longer shank baitholders,

caught PLENTY in and around the bay in the past sick of catching them now so i dont target them

very rearly anyways..

best way is get a good berley trail going of bread nd mashed pillies ect ect keep it constant and a nice fine trail,

then FLOAT unweighted prawns down IN AMONGST the trail and BAAAAAAAM ur on if there there that is..

1/0 hook i found very universal as often whilst fishing for trevs the odd bream would beat the trevs to the bait and the occasional KINGY :1yikes: as i learned from penguin prawn technique hehe,

just my method but each to there own i guess.. but worked a treat for me anyways...

im sure fellow raiders use this very same technique including that "CRAZY"FISHINGDUDE :074:

cheers steve

I can only repeat what Big Steve has already said on this one,I fully agree with this

method.

:beersmile: penguin

I usually use no1 gamakatsu octopus.

If your hooks are pulling on trevs consistantly trygoing a little easier on them as they only have soft mouths.