Bright Yellow Bream

Davemmm

I caught a couple of bream today out in Botany Bay. When i landed them they were both the yellowist (is that a word) bream I have seen. I have caught plenty in the past that have nice yellow fins etc but these two took the cake.

post-2626-1165298478_thumb.jpg

The picture dosen't do them justice they were really yellow.

Any clues as to what makes a couple of yellowfin bream turn up together with such distinctive colour and yet others in the same area on different days are nowhere near as bright.

Dave, you're certainly not the first person to notice strange colouration in bream. I'd say that it's probably a natural adaptation, based on the conditions from day to day - was the water murkier/were you fishing a different tide to last time?

Flattieman.

They look nothing like mowies!

Prolly just from very far up river, and have lived there all their lives. Came into Botany after the fresh last few days maybe?

Or just very very very slow growing Bream on their last legs!

Edited by Reely

Reely may have nailed it.

Maybe they have been flushed down with the recent rain and a couple of big ebb tides that have been around.

They were both pretty thick fish that put up a good fight so i'm not complaining

The upper reaches of the Parra hold fish that look the same, and the flathead have a distinct yellow belly! Prolly just the water clarity and crap in the sediment on the bottom.

Definately not Mowies.

They may have had a little swim in Penrhyn. I got them over at the logs. I will wait till later tonight and see if they glow in the dark.

If they do the missus can have them.

:Funny-Post::074::074:

Hey your wife may glow in the dark too if she eats

them Orica Bay Bream.Then you better run :wife:

:beersmile: penguin