Beach Fishing 5/12

zen801

Raiders,

Went to Long Reef last night for a beach fish. Took a couple of live yakkas to go for a jewfish.

The weather was a shocker with wind and lots of weed in the water. After an hour or so gave

up due to the weed/wind situation. Only thing caught was a ray.Should have done some better

scouting for a spot. I just read in the Manly Daily that the entrance of the Lagoon to the ocean

will be opened today. It might be a good night to fish the beach at North Narrrabeen on the high

tide for a jewie.

bad luck mate that wind was terible, i soaked live squid in the harbour last night for a jew. not even a touch. seems to happen a lot with me lately.

yeah i was thinking the same about northy. got some squide left from last night. what do you reckon the wind will be like there.

Had my first fishless seshion on the beach this year on tuesday night, everything seemed so right, how wrong i was!! Added a heap of burley,had a great tide and gutter!! Not even a touch on fresh squid,live worms and live mullet :ranting2: quite frustrating!!

If anyone is going Beach Fishing in the next few weeks and want's to teach me how let me know, got a custom made beach rod dad had made back in the 70's or 80's, he used to fish up around Narrabeen/Newport area alot but too far from Penrith for him! Let me know I'm keen to watch and learn!