Beakie Time!

outwide

Gents,

Was out today on the 35, had Dennis (Reel Game) on board (Thanks mate).......Conditions were less than ideal with a 20-25 knot N/E blowing, however the swell was non existent and with 2-2.5 mtrs of sea the Carribean pushed through with ease. Got out about 14nm before we started putting out the spread, found some nice 22.2 degree water!!!! The spread was out for five minutes and Double hook up on Jelly Bean YFT 3kgs a first for my young mate Danny............. Back out goes the spread and Dennis and i spot a Beakie tailing the shot gun before dissapearing!!!!!!! We continued on a run to th Mountain then headed North to find water temp drop and the green water we didnt like, so decided to troll south again down the shelf then in to 80 fathoms...

Just noticinig a huge container ship MSC heading in to Botany, the short corner screams...............metres of line are peeling of as Dennis clears the deck with Dannys help, i slow the boat down and come flying down the bridge to grab the rod and keep the tension. Meanwhile Dennis gets Danny (15yrs) harnessed up and ready........Its all yours kid!!!!!!!!

About 45 to 50 minutes later we havehim boatside, Dennis grabs the trace and i gaff!!!!!!! First Beakie for the boat and Danny, about an 80kg Striped Marlin on board with high fives all round.......... Good effort young fella, a day iam sure he wont forget!!!!!!!!!!!! We trolled back to the 50 fathom mark before we called it a day.........

Another day on the 35........

Regards,

Steve (Outwide)

Marlin4101206.jpg

Marlin3101206.jpg

Edited by outwide

Thanks for all the good wishes guys, its always a great experience putting someone onto there first Beakie especially at 15yrs..........Should be out again on the weekend, anybody else planning a run???????

Regards,

Steve (Outwide)

If the weather holds up Me and Crazyjohn should be out there this weekend for another try

Guest Big-Banana

Thanks for all the good wishes guys, its always a great experience putting someone onto there first Beakie especially at 15yrs..........Should be out again on the weekend, anybody else planning a run???????

Regards,

Steve (Outwide)

Yep, weather pending of course *prays*