Top 3 Beakie Lures?

Luringbream

Gday all, just wondering what your top 3 most effective small beakie/tuna lures are?

I'm a newbie to the game, i have caught everything and anything in all types of fishing fronts bar one, and that is game fishing.

Just in need of a little help as im pumped for getting into a beakie this season!

DAN

Well this is for tuna as im pretty green when it comes to Marlin.

Mcgoo Pusher.....anything green in colour

River2sea Bibless Minnow

Also Black Bart Skirts have done well for Me

I know some other raiders did very well with Pakulas this year

Hi Guys,

I'm only posting these for feedback, to see what you guys who know about this stuff think and hopefully help out with the original question.

The pic below is of the one that hasn't been wet. I actually picked it up today from Sean at Watto's (which he rigged for me for free!!) It's a Black Magic Jet Head and I'm hoping to be able to get outside this weekend to give it a run very early.

post-237-1165905947_thumb.jpg

The pic below is a Striker that I bought close to 20 years ago. They were all the rage then. It hasn't been in the water much in all those years preferring smaller jet head xmas trees and the like but I'm determined to drag it around this summer and see what happens...

post-237-1165905968_thumb.jpg

Cheers

David.

Edited by mottyman

Macman, that top lure you put a photo of is my number one Dolly lure its a as you say Black Magic, Jetsetter, in Lumo, get the Burple one also, they rock. You will catch that many fish on them its not funny.

Macman, that top lure you put a photo of is my number one Dolly lure its a as you say Black Magic, Jetsetter, in Lumo, get the Burple one also, they rock. You will catch that many fish on them its not funny.

Hi Reely,

Thanks for the feedback - that's great to know and I can't wait to get it wet now...

Watto said the "Burple" was an excellent lure as well.

And a big thanks to Watto for pointing me in the right direction. Go see him folks, he has a display full of those suckers in all colours and very reasonably priced as well :thumbup:

Cheers

David.

Edited by mottyman

Sorry Mottyman, i called you by the wrong name :wacko:

was reading another post off another site by Macman and got carried away, my apologies, i must sound stupid! Sorry.

Get the Burple, it will blow your mind away, Tuna, Dollies and even Marlin love it. Salmon Kings Tailor Bonito, everything. Idont knowwhat hooks he used but 6/0 Gamakatsu O"Shaunessy are the go for them, they rust a bit and go blunt but they make the lure swim perfectly!

If your chasing marlin out of sydney then get yourself good quality lures. Spend the extra money on pakula's, magoo's, topguns or hollowpoints. They will cost you a bit more but pakula's especially are very easy to work in a spread and you will catch more fish. If you are fishing 15kg then the cockroach, medium sprocket or phantom in lumo,evil,stripy,wasp or fuzz are all excellent colours. Don't spend all day and $150.00 in fuel pulling cheap nasty lures around the ocean when a few extra bucks first up will have you enjoying the great marlin fishing that sydney has to offer.

Cheers Shane.

Sorry Mottyman, i called you by the wrong name :wacko:

was reading another post off another site by Macman and got carried away, my apologies, i must sound stupid! Sorry.

Get the Burple, it will blow your mind away, Tuna, Dollies and even Marlin love it. Salmon Kings Tailor Bonito, everything. Idont knowwhat hooks he used but 6/0 Gamakatsu O"Shaunessy are the go for them, they rust a bit and go blunt but they make the lure swim perfectly!

Na no worries mate.

I feel a lure shopping expedition coming on soon. :biggrin2:

Cheers,

Guest claudia

Na no worries mate.

I feel a lure shopping expedition coming on soon. :biggrin2:

Cheers,

OFFTAP had a big lure shopping expedition yesterday afternoon, he bought 6 lures.