Narrabeen Lake

kabz

gday fellow raiders

Hit narrabeen lake early sunrise and straight away got into some nice size bream but soon later all the small ones started to show up and the mullet stayed for around 5hours wit only bream and mullet had a squid strip out twice dat a fish took but wouldnt hook up kept takn the hole thing my rod will bend but not hook up anyone kno wat fish it mite be and last yr i remeber catching in one session around 20tailor and 10flatheads in 2hours do u guys kno where the flathead and tailor have been when do they come to the lake also wat can i expect big there?

gday fellow raiders

Hit narrabeen lake early sunrise and straight away got into some nice size bream but soon later all the small ones started to show up and the mullet stayed for around 5hours wit only bream and mullet had a squid strip out twice dat a fish took but wouldnt hook up kept takn the hole thing my rod will bend but not hook up anyone kno wat fish it mite be and last yr i remeber catching in one session around 20tailor and 10flatheads in 2hours do u guys kno where the flathead and tailor have been when do they come to the lake also wat can i expect big there?

G'day Kabz. The tailor are in the lake at the moment. Mostly choppers but the occasional thumper.

The mystery fish that kept hitting you rod may have been a bream or a tailor that failed to take the hook..especially using squid as it is pretty tough bait.

I went down to the lake this arvo for a quick session and managed 2 just sized flatties and 4 barely legal bream in an hour. (all released).

The level in the lake is shocking at the moment. It looks like someone pulled the bathplug!

It is a good 3/4 of a metre off it's usual levels. The opening has done nothing but drain the lake as the high tide barely washes and water back into the lake. that may change when we get a good high tide soon.

Here are a few snaps of the water level in the lake and the vast amount of exposed sand and mud on the shore.

It's also getting a little pongy with exposed weed.

Cheers,

Pete.

post-1685-1166077951_thumb.jpg

post-1685-1166077965_thumb.jpg

post-1685-1166077996_thumb.jpg

post-1685-1166078010_thumb.jpg

Edited by MallacootaPete

looks pretty bad but when i was down der looked alright i usually fish near the playground area next to the right of the ramp and about 20metres right to the playground area is that place good for tailor and flathead also is there any jewfish der?

looks pretty bad but when i was down der looked alright i usually fish near the playground area next to the right of the ramp and about 20metres right to the playground area is that place good for tailor and flathead also is there any jewfish der?

There are jewies in the lake but you need a boat to access them. They are in the deep holes in the back of the island. Last year there were quite a few taken but I haven't heard any report so far this year.

That spot near the ramp is OK for tailor too. A bit further around towards the cricket nets is also good.

Pete.

Edited by MallacootaPete

Hi Kabz

If you wanna chase jewies landbased you're probably best off fishing Narra beach near the mouth of the lake. It's been open about a week now and I reckon the Jews would be coming in to the beach every night on the run out tide.

Tailor, either butterflied, slabbed or whole should put you in with a bloody good shot.