50 Lb To Much ?

FletcherG1991

i recently perchased a t curve 400 and a saltist 30 TH

i am going to run 50 lb braid on it for kings and jews (also bottom bashing and trolling etc)

is this to heavy for these species ?

i was origonally going to go 30 lb but atleast want a chance if the big 15kg + king comes along

also about how much braid will i be able to fit on the 30 ?

Edited by FletcherG1991

mate if your fair dinkum about getting yourself in with a big chance of hoodies and monster mulloway 50lb should be your bare minimum

On a t400 generally you would use 80lb, on a t200 you are more likely to use 50lb. The heavier braid will give you slightly better rub resistance but its more about the knot strength I think. Strikes are savage on jigging and you generally lose quite a bit of knot strength with braid on really hard strikes.

On a t400 generally you would use 80lb, on a t200 you are more likely to use 50lb. The heavier braid will give you slightly better rub resistance but its more about the knot strength I think. Strikes are savage on jigging and you generally lose quite a bit of knot strength with braid on really hard strikes.

ye i was going to fish 80 lb at first but i like to go on the lighter side with most of my gear

i was going to get the 200 and 30 at first but atleast ill be in with a chance with the big kings now

atleast i now know that it isn't to heavy

thanks guys

now to get some kings !!

cheers,

Fletcher