Botany Bay This Wednesday 20/12/06

Lewis

G,day Raiders.

Will be taking the boat up to Botany Bay this Wednesday to take the brother inlaw out fishing, launching from Cooks River around 5.30am, 4.55 poly front runner. The weather report reads thus far,

Sydney Closed Waters,Pittwater, Port Jackson and Botany Bay:

Monday until midnight: Wind:NE 20/25 knots. Waters:Choppy.

Tuesday: Wind:N/NE 10/15 knots before a S/SE change 20/25 knots. Waters:Choppy with change. Wednesday Outlook: Wind: E/SE 15/20 knots, possibly 20/25 knots at times. Thursday Outlook: Wind: NE 15/25 knots.

What are your thoughts, is it worth making the drive up, or have the forcasters been off the mark lately up that way?

If so some suggestions on where to fish, target species would be kings if they are on the bite, or I would settle for some trevs or flatties, either way I'll be happy with a couple of fish in the boat.

Cheers in advance.

:dito:

Lewis I fish the bay in similar conditions last Saturday , chop was running 1 - 1.5 mt. Unless you have a canopy or some cover it can be a very wet trip.

Don't wish to be negative but it is a long way to come to get a wet tail

An alternative , launch at Oatley & fish the Georges River

Geoff

Thanks Guys.

It sounds like I may have to give it a miss, or perhaps hit the Georges, but not knowing the area would make it a bit of a dicey trip as you all have suggested.

Cheers fellas, I will leave a report if I do venture up.