Oh My God

LEELEE

Lee with 800 yards of 80 pound line it would certainly get the bream out of the racks in quick time :1prop:  :lol:  :lol:

16552[/snapback]

:banana::lol:

Not wrong mate but the spare spool costs $400 US so i can only guess to say that they are worth over $3000+ for the reel.

Although a charter operator in Perth has seen the best spinning reels from both daiwa and shimano crack under the pressure of a samson fish and the Van Staal's just keep on going on.

Cheers

Lee

here you go guys

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...7109792737&rd=1

I found a bunch of other old shimanos on ebay with fighting drags including a couple of old speedmaster spinning reels that look awesome!  Even a couple of reels that look like an old tss2. :1naughty:

16516[/snapback]

Hi Bashir, Hear in OZ they were sold as RA models, ex/ Sedona 2000 RA, or even older Spirex 2000RA.

They came in sizes 1000RA, 2000RA and 4000 RA and you can still get the Sedona's, I beleave they make them in the Sahara range as well.

Cheers RAY

ray I've seen them around now and again. I haven't bought a rear drag reel ever myself. I used to have a couple of those rear drag shimanos from the 80s and they were real good. Rear drags just aren't as popular these days. :1onono: But if i were fishing ansa comps with 1kg line, they'd be my choice, one of these old beauties look good.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...7109752060&rd=1

I still have one of the old closed face shimanos with fighting drag, same concept as a lever drag. we used to use them for light line trout spinning. From my memory it only came in the lower to mid range of reels at the time - so probably more of a gimmicky thing.

Bashir, interesting you mention 1kg and rear drag.... have just got my old 1kg spin rod out and started to rebuild it as it was a pretty bad job (I originally made the thing when I was 15). and guess what - an old shimano with rear drag is going to be the reel for the spider web.

Adrian