Wahooo.

Ewan

well, a lovely calm day and the weekend warrior squadron was out in force when we got out to a local reef about 9miles out there was already ten boats on it most of them on the troll and a fat trawler anchored directly over the main pin.

25 degree very blue looking water! we trolled around trusty laser pro 190's and I got a hook up within minutes. Dropped ... as it came near the boat after two fast little spurty runs. I was thinking rat yellowfin.

We ran the gaunlet of boats again to come over the spot where we had the hit. Again my gold halco got hit. Daz kept driving the boat a bit to try n get a double. Nope. But he then hookd up on the retreive. Again mine spat it after a few runs. Daz got his in a beautiful 7kg wahoo. I gaffed it and it came aboard kicking up a stink , beaky mouth slashing everywhich way.

so we kept on the troll, for a bit nothing but a good encounter with another fisho whoose line had gone and tangled around the anchored rope of the trawler with a wahoo on the end! We had to let him drive around us and pass the rod around our backside. They lost the fish....

It went quiet for an hour or so and we switched to skirts and did some run s thinkin of marlin. Had a bump on a big lumo skirt and another on a black and red jet head but no hook ups.

A few more laps and a change to blue coloured lures as ther were schools of bonito feeding on the surface and I hooked up and landed my first ever wahoo.

With xmas lunch in the esky and a northly comin up we headed on in.

Wahoo sandwhiches for dina! :thumbup:

Edited by Ewan