My Christmas Present

catch this

Well, christmas being my bday i figured the fishing gods owed me something special on two counts.

I went down with some friends and family to the spit and fished under the bridge. Not much happening on bait so I let the others stick with that and changed to the plastics. After a few casts I landed my first ever fish on any type of lure - a 35 cm flatty. I was esctatic to say the least. The flatty joined an octupus we already had in the bucket.

There were some fish jumping in the middle of the channel, near where the bridge opens. Explained to the fellas that the sinkers they were using to get out that far were going to take the bait well below the fish and then saw glinting in the streetlights an unopened box of asorted slices and spoons belonging to a mate who had never used a lure. Tied one on and after a couple of casts managed to land one on a tailor's head. Pulled in 5 or 6 myself, 2 to another guy who was using a slice and 0 fish of any type to the bait guys. Admittedly the bait was frozen so this wasn't a very fair test. 2 of the tailor were just over legal and we took one of them to fill out the meal.

Was the first time I successfully used a lure, with firsts on SPs and HBs and my first legal tailor.

Well, christmas being my bday i figured the fishing gods owed me something special on two counts.

I went down with some friends and family to the spit and fished under the bridge. Not much happening on bait so I let the others stick with that and changed to the plastics. After a few casts I landed my first ever fish on any type of lure - a 35 cm flatty. I was esctatic to say the least. The flatty joined an octupus we already had in the bucket.

There were some fish jumping in the middle of the channel, near where the bridge opens. Explained to the fellas that the sinkers they were using to get out that far were going to take the bait well below the fish and then saw glinting in the streetlights an unopened box of asorted slices and spoons belonging to a mate who had never used a lure. Tied one on and after a couple of casts managed to land one on a tailor's head. Pulled in 5 or 6 myself, 2 to another guy who was using a slice and 0 fish of any type to the bait guys. Admittedly the bait was frozen so this wasn't a very fair test. 2 of the tailor were just over legal and we took one of them to fill out the meal.

Was the first time I successfully used a lure, with firsts on SPs and HBs and my first legal tailor.

Well done on the lures. Glad it was a decent flattie too.

It must have made your Birthday and Xmas as well. It must be tough having both fall on the same day

as you must feel like you miss out somewhere.

Good on you for making it such a memorable day.

Cheers,

Pete.

Well done on the lures. Glad it was a decent flattie too.

It must have made your Birthday and Xmas as well. It must be tough having both fall on the same day

as you must feel like you miss out somewhere.

Good on you for making it such a memorable day.

Cheers,

Pete.

Thanks

You get over the "missing out thing", at least i have. You turn into scrooge instead :P