Props

fish lipps

fish lipps,

Not really, it is easy to do. Be careful not to break the split pin is all I would say.

Cheers.

Robbie.

Split pin?? the one holding down the castle nut??

So basically, do i just undo the nut holding the prop on?? Then it should pretty much slide off??

fish lipps,

Not really, it is easy to do. Be careful not to break the split pin is all I would say.

Cheers.

Robbie.

It's easy to get a couple of split pins and is best if you replace anyway just in case.

You should pull it off every now and then to check for fishing line etc tangled up in it.

As previously mentioned , prop removal is pretty easy. Starighten and remove the split pin , undo the castle nut , and the prop should just slide off. Take note of any washers that come off as well , mine has two , one under the nut , and one at the back of the prop. Both are slightly different , so make sure you dont mix them up . Instalation is just the reverse procedure , I also smear a small amount of grease on the prop shaft spline , makes it easier to get off next time !

Ross

Yup, should be easy.

Cheers.

Robbie.

not if its seized like mine :1badmood: .

eventually when we HAVE to change the prop due to bad condition(soon) the only option we have is to use the trusty angle grinder.

but trust me, once i stick the new prop on it will be coming of again every 3 months

You should use a prop puller over an angle grinder or you try tilting engine all the way up and soak it

over a couple off days with penetrol or what ever lubricant you have but give it time to soak in then hit it with a rubber mallet on each blade

Pete

trust me ive tried all that. Tilted the motor RIGHT up and soaked it for a week with all kinds of shit..

then used a prop puller and it bent the alluminium before giving in..