Tweed Shire.

Jewhunter

G'day all. I finally arrived back to the new digs 2 days before Xmas. Bloody great to be home! :thumbup:

It didn't take me long before I had a crack off the backyard. The resident Bream didn't let me down. Me & my mate (fishingbear) had a hoot, with who knows how many we caught in the first couple of sessions. Not much size to them but a couple that were legal found there way into the crab pot. Here's the result.

We then set about nailing some eating fish to go with the crabs for Xmas dinner & promptly scored 2 Flatties of 58 & 40cm. Xmas dinner was superb & even better catching it out the back. I also got my first Jack. Only a little tacker but still a Jack & I reckon his big brother was what smoked me not long after I got him. Sorry, no pics of the Flatties. My brother in law & his wife came up for Chrissy & even though he doesn't fish much he still managed his 1st fish on a placcy, a 42 cm Flattie.

This arvo I got a leave pass from the :wife: & we headed up to Clarrie Hall dam, which is about 25 mins drive. It is also one of the prettiest places you'll ever see. A mate of mine is 1 of 5 people who own property on the dam itself so after a beer & a chat we grabbed his canoe to terrorise the Bass. With the barometer at only 1006 we did it a bit tough. :074: On my second cast I came up with this 40cm Bass that fought like a demon. Also scored this one of 39cm not long after.

At one stage I was vertically jigging my plastic close to the canoe when I felt a bit of weight. It swam into open water, I felt big weight & then it felt the hooks & hit the afterburners. The canoe spun around, I lost 3-4mtrs of line quick smart & the pop. :1yikes: Busted up on 10lb leader in open water. That fish left me shaking & made the 40cm feel like a guppy.

I ended up with 6 Bass while Bear got 1 that was his p.b of 38cm's. I'll make him do his 1st post & put the pic in! :biggrin2:

I'm loving it up here. There are so many fishing options. I can't wait until I work it all out!

I'll finish off with some more pics of the dam. Hope you all had a top Xmas.

Cheers,

Grant.

To Have so many angling options, so close to you must be a dream come true.

Do you have enough room in your backyard for my swag? :1prop:

If you keep talking the place up it will become a Fishraider holiday destination

See you in about 10hrs :074:

Dan

:Funny-Post:

Plenty of room Dan! Your more than welcolme. 3/4's of an acre can fit alot of Raiders.

I can feel a social coming on!! :biggrin2:

Bastik, it's very hard to get stressed up here. Big change for a born & bred city boy. The rod holders are a permanent fixture but I'm to scared to leave a rod out there unattended. There are some big critters swimming around in the river!

Cheers,

Grant.

Guest johblow

That is lovely. Bass, what a beautiful bronze fish, and great photo that too. All those mud crabs need is a deck of cards and they'll be good for a few hours :-)

Nice report and nice Bass !!! What a top feed you guys would have had !!! Flatties and Mud Crabs, yummo. I remember tasting self caught mud crab and a mangrove jack from waters near you place, and I can't recall having such a sweet meal.

Sounds like you have settled in very well up there, and I am sure many people wish they could be in your position, with so many waterways for fishing options and the lifestyle many people can only dream of.