Mexican Invader To Sunshine Coast Seeking Fishing Help!

fooka

Hola,

I am a mexican invader to the sunshine coast and will soon be drinking XXXX. Anyway, I have some time off work and want to go fishing. I am a dodgy fisherman and know nothing technical. Just looking for a few quiet spots to sit, cast, catch and release. Not looking for a particular fish or anything - just general fish feeding really. Any suggestions for spots around Caloundra area would be great.

Muchas Gracias and Happy New Year

Fooka

Guest johblow

Gidday, Ken A used to live up around Coloundra i think. He'd have some tips, i recall there are big whiting up in some place with "passage" in the name? It sounded like a nice spot and a good place to fish. I think its between the mainland and an island. Maybe give that place a go. Pumicestone Passage - it just came back to me.

Anyhow, i dont think you can go wrong up there, the fishing is tops :-)

Cheers, jon

Hola amigo!

Yea if you were in sydney I would show you around the water with a bottle of tequila :tease:

...and a case of Corona's too I hope!!! Happy new year.

Gidday, Ken A used to live up around Coloundra i think. He'd have some tips, i recall there are big whiting up in some place with "passage" in the name? It sounded like a nice spot and a good place to fish. I think its between the mainland and an island. Maybe give that place a go. Pumicestone Passage - it just came back to me.

Anyhow, i dont think you can go wrong up there, the fishing is tops :-)

Cheers, jon

Hi Jon,

Thanks for that. I'll look into it. Hope your new year is a ripper!

Hola! Just moved up here a couple of months ago myself. Not to many quite places to fish up here at the moment with the school holidays. You need to be out fairly early avoid the boats and the jetskis. There are plenty of places around Golden beach, just try to find a place near some weed beds. (opp. the gemini towers, around the old naval base, around the esplanade towards bells creek.) The tidal flow can be pretty strong so your probably better off fishing an hour or two either side of high/low tide. I don't bait fish much myself but nippers have always worked for me. Anyway good luck and enjoy the tequila!