Shoalhaven River....need Some Help

sc0pe

Hi guys,

the name is daniel, and i hail from bowral.

im praying to the gods for a nice day tomorrow, as i plan to head down to greenwall point, and hiring one of the little tinnys from the park there and heading up the river to chase flattys and bream on plastics. im not really familyer with the river itself, spending more time off the heads in a mates boat, but im really hoping to shine tomorrow.....

reason being, is i have an ulterior motive......im taking the minister for war and finance, aka jo.

im planning to woo her with an awesome day on the rod, in the hope, that she will release her death grip on our savings for a house, and let me pickup a little tinny for myself. ive done lots of fishing out of my mates boat, which is great, but its not suited to the fishing he likes to do (off shore in a runabout) and its not really my scene. he likes to chase anything off shore, im more interested in esturary and river fishing. as great as he is, i think i really need to give his wife a rest, and procure my own weapon of fishing adiction.

as ashamed as i am to admit it, ill be a man and admit i packed shake and bake pancakes for brekky on the side of the river, and salad, yes SALAD!!@#!@#, to go with lunch, all to be cooked on my little suitcase barby. im not sure if i can adjust to this kind of diet, which has been up to this point, a few snags burnt, on a slab of bread, prepared on the lid of the esky, with frequent balancing acts as someone cant wait till the bread is buttered to grab another can of bundy....im even taking plastic plates this time.

ive managed to get this far without too much whinging and even without her realising something was up, althougth she did ask about the jig heads and plastics i picked up yesterday.

basically, to cut a long story short, i need some inside info, on where to go, and whats about, up the river from greenwall point. even a couple of nice little hideaways to pull up and cook brekky, away from the prying eyes from real men who will obviously realise (and laugth) that im trying to convince the real boss that i need a boat.

i intend to use mainly plastics and hardbodys, with the odd bit of frozen bait :wife: just for a chuckle.

please guys, deep down, i know most (or at least some) of yas will understand my pain, and need for me to make this day count. many thanks in advance...

ps, anyone with an older stessl 385+ edgetracker with under 10yo 20ish hp motor that is going cheap, pm me after tomorrow

hi guys, went out today, had an awesome time despite not getting a feed.

went all over greenwall point using bait and plastics and got nothing more then a couple of nice hits while drifting the sand banks. after speaking to a few people got the impression that not many people did have much luck today.

after originally checking the bom and thinking we were going to get wet, after about 40 mins out on the water it turned into a pretty awesome day. highlite for the better half was the small pod of "OMG, dolphins!!!" that decided to follow us back in when we went for a looksee at the heads.

i think ive almost got that arm twisted round hard enuff that i may be able to pick myself up something very soon ;)

ps, i did decide that 5hp of hireboat grunt just aint enuff.