Bloody Long Rivets

Guest johblow

Guest johblow

Hey all,

Im doing some renovations to my boat, and have removed the windscreen assembly to allow me to properly strip the paint from the top of the boat.

In order to remove it, i have to drill out the longest bloody rivets ive ever seen. Ive never seen them this long in a shop. They must have been at least an inch long, and are about 4mm dia.

Does anyone know where i can buy some? Im hoping that they are a common item in the marine world and i can pick some up from a local boat shop. Some where near North Sydney would be really convenient for me (im thinking of that shop on the cnr of Pac Hwy and Epping Road?).

Thanks for any help in advance ;-)

Joh The store your referring to is BIAS. Have checked their catelog & the largest rivot they carry in Aluminium can handle material 3/8" thick , cat. No. 1804

In stainless cat. No. 1815 can handle material up to 1/2" thick but be aware the standard handy man pop rivot gun struggles with S/S rivots so an industerial type is required & these cost around $40.00

Have you considered or is it an option to use S/S screws. They are about half the price of S/S rivots

Geoff

Edited by Geoff