Tuggerah Lakes

ankles

Nice feed there mate!! I remember two years ago we were crabbing in tuggerah lakes and we had 8 swimmers in the boat and as we pulled up the final hoop, there was a massive mud crab hanging on which just fell off as we got the hoop in the boat! It was amazing seeing a muddy in the mix, as it was our first and well ONLY muddy we've ever encountered so far.

Do you ever come across any in there?

DAN

G'day Ankles

I live on Ourimbah Creek and really only fish Broken Bay but just last week went for a run on Tuggerah lake and almost caught a nice Blueswimmer just south of the mouth of Ourimbah Creek in Tuggerah Lake and also a nice'ish flathead.

Can you give me any other tips on where to fish in Tuggerah lake? - the channel always seems to busy and water very clear, how is Budgewoi lake or the mouth of the Wyong River

Did you catch you crabs with traps or rod and reel

Evan

NSW Fisheries are stretched to the max. It is a shame that our State government does not seem to place priority on managing our fisheries. There are if I am correct only about six officers between Hawkesbury River and tuggerah Lakes, and they are usually snowed under trying to keep up with the pros who are generally doing the wrong thing most of the time. I didn't even bother trying to contact fisheries, and I know them personally. The good news is that they are recruiting a few more officers at the moment.

davo

Edited by Flightmanager

I've been legally catching Blue Swimmer Crabs on Brisbane Water for nearly 35 years with hand line and scoop net and in the summer months never fail to get a feed. I took my son and daughter out behind the leases at Hardys Bay two days before Xmas and had 8 in the boat in under an hour. Released all three females even though only one was roed up. Never keep any females.

Idiots. They'll kill it for everyone. Mind you, some big signs pointing out the fact that all types of trapping are prohibited in the waterway at every boat ramp wouldn't go astray. I think that in the holiday period some of the visitors to the area may be ignorant. I once told a guy setting traps near where I was handlining that he could be fined and he quickly pulled them back up and thanked me.

PS I've been reading the reports from the kingfish guys for a couple of months now. Amazing.

:1welcomeani: To the site Livo.

Looking forward to a few reports from you.

I agree with your idea of Fisheries signs at the boat ramps also.

Those swimmers are tasty little morsels too.

Cheers,

Pete.

Edited by Flightmanager

Yes that IS correct kevvie, it is rule number 2 !!

Admin and members thank you for bringing this to our attention, nice to have members looking after their site.

The rule is there for good reason. We are all aware of the problems and Fisheries are stretched for staff to police things as one member pointed out.

Members should direct their concerns to the Dept. Please refer to our Fisheries News and Politics section on these forums.

Topic closed.

mrsswordfisherman