Port Stephens

BROWNIE

G'day Raiders,

I dont notice many reports from Port Stephens. I am heading to Lemontree Passage for 2 weeks next week (getting the boat back in the water after way tooooo long). I will mainly be inside with the kids but hoping to go out a couple of days. Any advice on where is producing at the moment would be appreciated.

Hoping to be able to bring back some pics for my 1st report (long overdue)

Thanks heaps for your help Stew :thumbup: . Im surprised that not many Raiders have much input on what I thought was the trailer boat haven of NSW.

I guess the dolphins have cleared the place out. But I still know where the crabs are.

Hi Brownie

Mate, just posted a report on Port in the reports section.

Have not fished much inside up there as the inshore game is too good. But

Lots of bait/food collection.

Jimmys beach is great for squid, trevers, and bream. Up at the eastern end of the beach around 100m off the crn rocks u can sound out a cpl of big holes that r good for jews and kings.

Shoal bay is good for squid in amougst the mooring, as well as the odd kingy and lots and breama nd squires though not usualy big ones. The big flats in shoal bay is good for flattys, There r some racks up around Soldiers point that I have fished some good bream off, and the Break wall @ Neaslon bay is good for Talior, salmon and bream.

BUT the good stuff is outside, the headlands Sth r very good for big kings, the light house headland Harkara and I have fished well for Kings, Bonnies, spotties. The islands out the front r reputed to be good for snapper and kings thoguh have not had any luck out there,

One the Nth east line around 60deg about 4km out the Mine Field starts, lots and lots of traps that at this time of the yr shoudl b holding Dollys.

Mate is is a speactular fishery, enjoy the bay and get outside if u can.

I have some marks, but they r nostly offshore marks if u r interested

Jon

Guest Reel Addiction (Sea Jay)

Mate just check that marine park might be inforce now i have heard mixed thing some say yes others say no, thats the last thing you want a fine for fishing in a marine park thats a good way to ruin your holiday, cause it is only new they will definalty be patroling it (if its active)

I went out in the bay 1 mnorning early and they where draging next across it, that was the last time i bothered with the bay