Kingfish At Clifton Gardens - 07 Jan 2006

Hiramasa

Following on from KingRule's great efforts, I spent the afternoon at Clifton with my brother and between us and one other guy landed 2 kingfish and dropped approx 10. They were all slightly larger than your average rats but were feeding at our feet so decided to head straight for the pylons most times.

Brother nearly landed one on 6 pound leader, but all of mine were caught on 20lb braid and FC leader. Bait was unweighted bonito strips, which coincidently was also caught at Clifton a couple of days prior (the same day KingsRule got his Kingfish!!)

Anyhow things r looking good for the landbased fishos for the social.

post-995-1168172622_thumb.jpg

More Kings from Clifton :1yikes:

Top effort mate.

I gota get down there with my prawns,

penguin

I sounds like the fish are really going off in the harbour! I got to get some prawns. Just got to figure out how to rig them on a downrigger. CHeers kelvin

Hello fellow Raider!

First thing first..HAPPY NEW YEAR '07 TO EVERYONE!!!

Tis my first posting /reply here in this tremendously good fishing blog. Been reading these great reports and it's getting better and better each time.

CONGRATS to Hiramasa on the kingies. I guessed I've missed out the action there if only I had stay a little longer :( . It's my first time there at Clifton to try out with my gf...I mean fishing. Was there till just before noon and landed an octopus which held on to a beer bottle. Seems like it's still enjoying the New Year's celebration :074: Now I can show the proof to my gf there's kings at Clifton...just patience and persistance will reward every fishos. Am I not right? :1fishing1: Cheers RAIDERS!!!

Will surely post on my catches in the future.

Ray